April 20, 2011

A Different Cup Of Tea

So, in what type of containers do your flowers grow?  Once, on my travels, I saw someone had put a wooden bed frame in their yard and planted flowers.  FOR REAL!!!! They called it their Flower Bed or Bed of Flowers!

I’ve never gone quite that far but I can see me planting some flowers in a cup ~

 009

Looking at this card now, I think if I do another one I would use Night of Navy for the card base instead of the textured white card stock.  Or..leave the textured white card stock and just make the the next layer a little smaller so that more textured card stock shows.  Just one of those things you decide after its all said and done and one thing for sure you know your not going to tear this one apart.  The cup is an a’ la CARTE – tiny tea cup – I keep wanting to call that section of the IBC ‘appetizer’. *smile* And the spoon is from a Friskars stamp set that I got on clearance at our local craft store.  The small flowers are McGill punches and of course the Two Step Bird punch for the petals and stems.

Peeking inside ~

                     011

This angle shows a little better where I used dimensionals and popped up some of the card front pieces.  i.e. cup and a couple flowers.  Sometimes I forget to mention that I do that.  Actually, on almost every card that I make something is popped up somewhere.

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – Textured W. White, Night of Navy, Patterns Pack III and bits of scraps for the flowers
  • Punches – Scallop border, Two Step Bird, Beautiful Wings and McGill
  • Misc. – CB folder, Spellbinders, W. White Ribbon and half pearls from my stash

Tomorrow’s card is one that I‘m entering in THE PAPER PLAYERS challenge this week – clean and simple.  So won’t you come back and see?????

Until then……..love what you do and do what you love….stamp!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

2 comments:

Carla said...

What a beautiful card. I love that tea cup!!! Your card is fabulous inside and out and I wouldn't change a thing!! Hugs,

Pam~ said...

Love your take on the sketch this week. Great colors and texture on this beauty! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...