July 07, 2011

A Ballerina Birthday Card and Where I’ve Been…

Hi Everybody!!!  Have you been saying “where’s Linda”?  A few of you have…..I got the emails *BIG smile* and thank you for thinking of me I sincerely appreciate it! 

We had the Grandchildren for a while and enjoyed them so much, there just wasn’t time for much of anything else.  We enjoyed a couple trips to Washington D.C. – had to have some D.C. Cupcakes ( have you heard of them?  They have their own TV show on TLC - I can tell you we loved the yummy red velvet ones).

175

This was the line awaiting us at D.C. Cupcakes….Nope Ansley did her homework and found out how we could avoid the lines and we were able to walk right in……..cool Ansley!

160

Literally hundreds of them!

179

Oooops, we found one of their cars!  Ansley was so excited.

We took in the Museums and Memorials, made a few trips to the beach for lots of good food and fun and my goodness can’t forget the movies.  Out of all the movies I really liked the one with Jim Carey and his penguins the best! 

                      009

            We’re at the Washington Monument

   131129

We stopped by the butterfly exhibit (real butterflies all around you)

032

Jarrett loves history.  He was able to find Cher Ami, the pigeon that carried messages and had only one leg.  If you have the time Google Cher Ami to read its story……it’s wonderful!  I am glad Jarrett was able to find his pigeon.  It’s hard to see the pigeon thru the glass…..but trust me it’s there.

Now we’re slowly getting back to normal and I’m excited to get back to work! 

Here is a Birthday card I made for my neighbor, Lucea, she turned 3 this year and is crazy over Princess’s, Fairies and Ballerinas.  This was the best I could do with so little time to make it in.

         001

I wished I had lowered her just about a quarter of an inch…would have made a difference..I think.  But then she would have been off center of the ribbon… :-(  Better yet….should have put her name at the bottom and the ‘3’ at the top… gosh darn those shoulda – woulda – coulda’s!  Lucea liked it just the same. *smiles*

                     008

Do you like her ballerina slippers?  They were made with the Two Step Bird Punch…just trimmed down a bit.

last but not least – the inside

                     004

Okay that’s it for today.  Please check back tomorrow for another card as I get back into the swing of things! 

Sending lots of hugs and smiles to all!!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

7 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I love cupcakes!!! And I love your adorable ballarina card, so cute! No woulda, coulda, shoulda's, it's adorable.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an amazing time Linda! Gorgeous card! My girls would love this! Hugs, Joanna

Ann Schach said...

Hooray! Linda's back...with a fabulous card! This is just adorable! Who wouldn't love it!

Barb said...

I am new to your blog Linda....love your cards. Its funny you talk about the cupcakes....I love those shows on tv...and I am dying to have a Red Velvet cupcake! LOL

Carla said...

Oh she is gorgeous, what a wonderful ballerina!!! I think the same way, shoulda, coulda, woulda... why do we do that? The details and those slippers are amazing and I love the colors! I wish I could of been with you on your trip!!! Hugs,

Debbie Henderson said...

Glad you are back and had a great time Linda. My husband and I are saving to go to D.C. next spring!

Your little ballerina is adorable. I'll have to "favorite" this one for my granddaughter!

Pam~ said...

Yum yum! Those cupcakes look almost as good as your card! Loved your pictures! Looks like a fun time with your grandchildren!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...