July 26, 2011

A Masculine Easel Card

Larry and I have a close friend that is undergoing some health issues presently and I wanted to send him a card.  It was a bit of a challenge for me, I think I have only made one other masculine card…ever!

So Phil this is what I made with you in mind, you should be getting it in a couple of days.

 

       024

 

I was a little skeptical using the Scallop Circle Die for a guy’s card, I tend to think of butterflies and flowers with scallops.  Now Larry on the other hand he thinks of CLAMS and FISH. *smile*  But I think with the addition of the twine, the tree and using earth tones I accomplished my task.

                  018

I used copics for the coloring of the tree. Then stenciled the edges before removing the spellbinder die.

         022   

For the sentiment I used First Edition DSP, used scallop circles #2 die, attached a button, distressed the edges and simply added his name with my white gel pen.  Nothing to girly here!

A side view ~

                     013

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – W. Wasabi. E. Espresso, V. Vanilla and First Edition DSP
  • Tools – Lrg. Scallop and Scallop #2 Dies, Lovely As A Tree stamp set, spellbinders and Copics
  • Misc. – Twine and button are from my stash

Hope you liked today’s card as much as I did making it!  Thanks for stopping by for a visit and for taking the time to leave all those lovely comments and emails.  I appreciate each and every one!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

Awesome, Linda....you have infinite patience!

Cynthia said...

Linda, such a nice card. You did a great job! Hope your friend fills better.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful masculine card Linda. I love the twine around the scallops and the great colouring of the tree.

Lorraine said...

Great use of that twine. It really adds that extra special something.

Linda said...

Great masculine card. It's amazing what a difference the twine made to the scallop! Excellent job of coloring the tree!! I do love the Copic markers for shading also.

Gerry said...

Wonderful masculine card. Like you, I think of scallops as being more feminine. The twine really makes the difference. Great job

Nanette said...

Great card...I'm sure he'll love it! If he likes fish you could use a fish stamp instead of the tree and then say Get Well Fishes! : )

Trisha said...

Great card. Love the way you wrapped the twine around the top layer. So nice to see something masculine. TFS.

Sandie Conner said...

Very pretty, err, I mean not pretty, masculine. Hmm, Great Card! I love the twine.

Pam~ said...

You pulled off masculine very well! Terrific card, Linda! Gorgeous job with your coloring too! I hope your friend starts feeling better. This card will lifts his spirits.

Carla said...

Oh your coloring is amazing, my dear. I absolutely love how you colored that tree!!! Phil will love this card, its perfect. Love the twine too! Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...