January 25, 2011

More Heartfelt Thanks!


Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think anyone would pay attention to what I was doing…..until now.  The responses to my first posting has been overwhelming.  I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I sincerely appreciate each one! 

Photobucket

 

 

A Birthday Card

016

I’m finding how difficult it is to capture all the detail and to bring in colors just as I see them on the card itself when taking pictures.  The word Friend in the sentiment actually is very pretty and in person stands out clearly, but the picture does not reflect that in its entirety. Looking at it now, I think maybe I should have lowered that butterfly…….hummmm.

In some cases I like to stamp over another stamp.  I first stamped the sentiment onto a versa mark ink pad (so it would hold the ep, SU ink tends to dry fast) and then stamped it in bashful blue then clear embossed it.  With a stamp-a-ma-jig stamped the flower (using soft suede) over part of the sentiment and repeated the same process again, added a flourish and yep did the same thing on that one also.  At some point I would love to have all that “Stampin Up” has to offer but until then I have to make do.  With that said, I did not have the markers for the flowers in the colors that I wanted, so I got out my blender pen and applied just a tad of ink onto the pen and colored in the flowers.  I thought it turn out pretty well.  As for my blender pen……its just fine!

I added half pearls here and there on the flowers and to the body of the butterfly.  To add a little dimension, I layered the butterfly x3, perfect plum,white and bashful blue.

 

006

and the inside….just need to add some half pearls.

007

 

Supplies needed:

  • Cardstock – B. Blue, P. Plum, W. White
  • Stamps – Bloomin’ Beautiful, All Holidays
  • Ink – B. Blue, P. Plum, Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral, S. Suede
  • Versa Mark pad, blender pen, half pearls and clear embossing powder

As always, any questions – I’m just an email away!

REMEMBER…..Sale-a-bration starts today.  I’m working on my list, how about you? 

All the best to everyone and many many thanks again!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

4 comments:

None None said...

Beautiful card - look forward to seeing more of your cards!

Carla said...

Hey lady, love the way you stamped that so the embossing would hold. Fabulous idea. Never knew that. I love your card and your coloring!!! Its gorgeous! Hugs,

Kim said...

Another gorgeous card! Beautiful details!

Patti MacLeith said...

Very nice blog, Linda! Love your "punchy" cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...