April 21, 2011

Paper Players Challenge #43

Today I entered this card in ‘THE PAPER PLAYERS’ sketch challenge.  This clean and simple challenge was from one the of their Design Team Members…Jaydee.

This is her sketch~

                          

This is my card~

         005

A closer look at the focal point~

         009

Side view of the front and a peek inside~

                     006

I do want to share that I used wired ribbon on this card.  It was easy to do and came out on the first try! 

One thing for sure with C&S cards there’s not a long list of supplies needed.  Nor not a lot to say about the card.  BUT I do have to say they are not as easy as you might think.

Supplies needed ~

  • Card stock – SU! V. Vanilla, A. Artichoke, Soft Suede, O. Olive and W. White
  • Punches – McGill and the small SU! oval
  • Stamps – MS Clear Stamps
  • Misc. - Soft Suede Ink, Pretty in Pink Ink, Ribbon, brads from my stash and CB folder

Just a quick post today……getting geared up for the Holiday weekend.  I sincerely hope that a GREAT Holiday is enjoy by all.  I’ll see you all on Monday!!!

                    

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Linda,
You have made this look easy but I know what you mean...it can sometimes be more difficult creating a CAS card!! I love the focal point and the embossing across the top! So happy you joined us this week at the Paper Players!
Smiles,
Lesley

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, Linda! I love the floral focal point...a masterpiece! The embossing is the perfect touch!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Linda, this is gorgeous! I love the beautiful floral and that tiny hint of embossing on the background. The wired ribbon is such a beautiful touch, too. Wonderful take on the sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with The Paper Players this week! :)

Mary Fish said...

What a unique card.

I love the focal point. Simply stunning.

Hugs, M

jaydee said...

Linda, you are so right... sometimes CAS are really difficult. Getting the right amount of detail and still keeping it restrained can be tough. You made it look SO easy. This card is stunning. It's all about the focal point and the focal point had me looking, and looking, and looking. Each time I noticed something different.
Absolutely gorgeous.
So glad you decided to join the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my. What a gorgeous bouquet. Stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Ezlie said...

this is very pretty!

LeAnne said...

How pretty! What a gorgeous focal point! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Pam~ said...

Simply gorgeous Linda! Love the dimension your card has! Never thought to use wired ribbon ... great idea and an awesome look!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love all the elements you've gathered together for your focal point. It's got great color and fabulous dimension!

Carla said...

I have to agree, I just keep looking and looking and see more beautiful elements in your centerpiece. This is one stunning card, my dear!!! I love it. Hugs,

Jodi said...

This is a gorgeous CAS card! I love the focal point you created on this. Thanks for joining us at Claudia & Co.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...