July 21, 2011

A Bit of Nature

The Pals Paper Arts are hosting a Sketch Challenge this week and invite you to play along with the sketch they provide that looks like this  ~

                         

I entered a card that looks like this ~

        001

I Choose the colors Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake and Whisper White with a splash of Always Artichoke.  Most edges were sponged with Early Espresso Ink. 

How do you like my ribbon? *smile* It’s a thin piece of Early Espresso cardstock run through my crimper.  I liked how it turned out…..I see it  saving me money on ribbon.  Now that’s a good thing!

Here’s a closer look !

                  004

I used the Hearts of Heart Die and the Large Heart Punch, stamping one with a stamp from the ‘Charming’ set.  The bird, from the Two Step Bird Punch, was sponged with E. Espresso also along with a mix of red and yellow’s sponged on his chest.

A different angle and viewing the inside  ~

  002003

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – W. White, B. Breeze, E. Espresso, C. Cake and A. Artichoke
  • Tools – Little Leaves Die, Two Step Bird Punch, MS Fern Punch, Lrg. Heart Punch, Eyelet Border Punch and Crimper
  • Misc. – Twine and flatbacks are from my stash

Upcoming on Monday – A tutorial on how I run my embossing folders through my Big Shot/Cuttlebug without showing those icky little edges of the folder showing on your card…….”you asked and I listened!”  See you on Monday! *smile*

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY…..stay cool!
It’s HOT HOT HOT in Maryland!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

21 comments:

Barb said...

Stunning card! Love it!

Shabby Pati said...

Super card! I love the colors.

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! That is R-E-A-L-L-Y pretty! Love everything about it.

Linda said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Linda!! Great color choices. It's just PERFECT!

Linda Callahan said...

Your ribbon is fabulous :) And I love the bird inthe nest! You do such beautiful work! Heat wave here too - gonna be 90 today - sundaes for supper!

Joan said...

So many cute elements in this card. Your color combo is wonderful! I love to see cards with the bird punch when it is taken a step up! Nice work!!!
Joan!!!

Pam~ said...

Wow, love what you did with the sketch! Your card is exquisite! You always make the best birds and nests Linda! Awesome ribbon ... you're making me want a crimper. Love this color combo too!

Looking forward to your tutorial on Monday! :) Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great job with the sketch!

Love your color combo and texture on this card.

Hugs, M

Denise Willerton said...

Fabulous as always Linda! your...well everything, I love this, the fold, the hearts, the twine....Thanks for sharing your gift of creativity Linda ~ enjoy your weekend!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Linda! I love the distressing and the design! The colors are perfect together!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love it! I like the combinatin of colors you used and that bird punch makes such great cards!

Scrappywonder said...

Fabulous card ~ great layers ~ tfs, R ;)

Chris said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors and the bird is awesome

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Gorgeous card! Love the detail. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

kraftykat157 said...

Love it, TFS!

LeAnne said...

This is just lovely, Linda! Congrats on your pick!

Katherine said...

LOVE your card!

Carla said...

Oh what a stunning card! Linda this is just amazing. Love those details. Hugs,

slbt17 said...

wow! Lovely!
Sandra ltb

Janie Printz said...

What a wonderful card this is Linda. I just got that bird punch a few weeks ago & love it & now you have really inspired me to use it....I've been having a look thru your blog & am having a lovely visit. I LOVE Stampin Up supplies & have quite a "collection" ...your little nest is just the cutest & now am going back to try & find your tutorial on using embossing folders without getting that little line it leaves.
Janie

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Wow this card is stunning Janie I just found your blog thro Pinterest!
Linda K.
ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...