March 02, 2011

Don’t Throw Those Bags Away!

You know those decorative bags that you get when you purchase something at a specialty store.  We sometimes get them at the beach from the shops on the boardwalk.  I have been saving them, can’t tell you why, it just seems a shame to toss them in the trash.  Here is one set of bags that I had on hand that were in the same color scheme.  One more stripped one is hiding underneath the pile you can just barely see the tip. Showing off more of my “not so good” photography skills…lol

 

                    003

 

 

                     Here I have punched them out

                                                                                                      004 

 

Here is the card that I made with those bags ~

 

027

I even curled up the edges with my bone folder!  I reversed some of the flowers to reveal the brown side and mixed them all in together, I thought it all turned out pretty cool! I also framed my sentiment with the same bag paper.  Added the scallop corner punched pieces in very vanilla and sponged them to brighten things up a bit. 

After running my Crumb Cake thru the Big Shot with the Elegant Bouquet folder I sponged only the flowers, leaving the stems and dots remain plain.  That seemed to ad that little bit of extra dimension that I was looking for.  Of course you have to have a bow in there somewhere, that’s where my twine came in handy.  I seemed to have managed to bring out my country roots with this card.

For the inside ~

                     046

The paper was on the thin side but did not present any problems, each punch was clean and crisp.

Tip Of The Day ~ don’t throw it away!!!

Supplies needed ~ all are SU unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – S. Suede, V. Vanilla. C. Cake and paper bags from my stash *smile*
  • Ink – S. Suede
  • Stamps – Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Misc. – Twine and brads are also from my stash, scalloped corner and modern label punches.  The center of the flower is  from SU antique brad collection

TODAY is my Daughter’s birthday although I did not make her a card she knows we love her and on her last visit she did get a piece of Pandora jewelry ~ none the less  HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLYSON!!!! Besides when you come home you know you can have all the cards you want …. *smile*

Thanks for visiting with me today, hope you enjoyed it.  Leave me a comment, I so enjoy hearing from you!!! Make your day an awesome one!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

8 comments:

Pam~ said...

Ok Linda, you definitely win the award for best tip of the day! I would never have thought to save the bags and punch flowers out of them ... awesome my friend! Your card is stunning and very creative! Have a great day!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a wonderful way to recycle those bags. Your cards is beautiful!

Carla said...

Oh, how beautiful!!! Your card is gorgeous. I love your flower and corners. I am going shopping today and savin' my sacks!!! You are one clever gal. I like that. I love your Country side!!! Hugs,

Tammy said...

Well, Linda - thanks first to Carla for bringing me your way! *smile* And - way to go to you for an awesome idea! Looking at what's left of the bags I couldn't help but think LUMINARIAS!!!! Why not put some sand in the bottom, add a candle (in a glass of course) and put them outside for a beautiful lit welcome to a guest or just to share some love with the neighbors! :-)

Ann Schach said...

Love how you repurposed those adorable sacks! Such a nice country feel!

Linda Callahan said...

This is just adorable - great tip!

Selina said...

Love the colors.. good job....I had a brown bag, stamped a background (French Script) stamp,die cut the flower, sponged & curled the edges..did for a challenge.I like to reuse

Jacqueline said...

What a FABULOUS IDEA ! I "do" save those speciality bags as well, but never "ever" thought of this idea.
Linda you are absolutely one terrific creative gal !
Thankn for the idea ! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...