After this card I will give the Baja Breeze paper a rest. It’s hard not too use it when you like so well. *smile* Again, I paired it with the Springtime Designer Series paper. Hope you like it.
I stamped the butterfly onto the Springtime DSP, using the butterfly punch, I punched it out and punched one from a piece of Always Artichoke. Added a couple little half pearls that happened to be a match for the Baja Breeze in between the two layers on both sides. The butterfly trail is made from a piece of olive green hemp that I had on hand and tacked it down where I wanted the trail to flow and ran it upward for the body and antenna (piece of the hemp that came unraveled).
I then took two scallop circle punches and used it in the lower right hand corner, giving a see thru scalloped circle with a border.
- With the small scallop circle I punched one from the DSP.
- With the 2 3/8” scallop circle I punched the same hole making the border.
- Using the small scallop circle I punched a hole in the lower right hand corner of the card base.
- Placed the border over top of that scalloped hole.
The border can be seen here ~
Remember that first piece of punched DSP made with the small scalloped circle punch? I used it on the inside to be seen thru the scalloped hole on the card front.
As seen here ~
I used the stamp from the Punch Bunch (Sale-A-Bration) stamping it in Always Artichoke, then stamped again in Baja Breeze, cutting out the flowers.
I did distress the DSP edges with Baja Breeze, added an Antique brad on the ribbon and used the rounded corner punch on two of the corners.
Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted
- Card stock – W. White, A. Artichoke, B. Breeze and Springtime DSP
- Stamps – Punch Bunch and Flight of the Butterfly
- Punches – 2 3/8 and small scallop circle and rounded corner punches
- Misc. – A. Artichoke and B. Breeze ink, Antique Brad, Seam Binding Ribbon, half pearls from my stash.
And that’s it for today! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think….I love hearing from you. *smile*
A Sneak Peek for tomorrow’s card….