Challenge #83: Display Baja Breeze, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake on your card or papercraft project this week.
These colors are so soft and subtle, all three are among my favorites!
Here is my entry ~
Although I love these colors, I did run into a problem. I did not have any DSP on hand that filled the color requirement, hummmm now what? I will just have to make my own! WHAT! Oh yeah, that’s what I did. Crazy huh? I took the Bella Toile background stamp and clear embossed it on Soft Suede card stock. Yes that was a start, but was missing something. I went on to make my focal points. The small flower came from a tutorial at http://www.carlas-scraps.com/ using the scallop and two step bird punches. (If you ever need a flower look Carla up, she has the best in town!) Then went on to the left side of the card:
- Using an eyelet lace border punch I made a strip approx. 1” wide with Crumb Cake CS sponging each side with Soft Suede ink.
- I then ran adhesive down the center attaching some seam binding in a waverly pattern. Instead of a flower or bow I added a couple hearts. I used the small heart from Spellbinders Nested Hearts stenciling it with Soft Suede ink. The heart charm is from a stash I seem to accumulate when I find things on clearance at the local craft store. I tied a bit of binding holding it all together. Lastly I attached a couple pearl stems at the top of the hearts.
- I then decided to apply, to the back of this strip, an embossed Spellbinders Small Classic Scallop in Very Vanilla. Again, sponged it with Soft Suede ink.
- Already knowing that something was missing with the background paper, it was even more prominent. I then decided the thing to do was sponge Baja ink lightly onto each flower of that stamp. Did you notice the blue highlights at each flower, I think it WORKED! I sponged Baja ink on each flower, then with a Kleenex I wiped it off, they seemed to pop even more. I did not worry about staying within the lines of the flowers, just kept moving in a small circular motion.
- For a little more balance I used the Photo punch with half pearls in the lower right corner.
- Finally, everything was sponged on the outer edges with Soft Suede ink.
A peek on the inside ~
I hope Ann Schach of http://www.stampinchic.com/ will approve this card. Please visit her blog, you’ll be glad you did! I managed to sponge everything…..EVERYTHING! *smile* Would you want to take a bet that I hear from her!
Supplies needed ~ All are SU unless otherwise noted
- Card stock – C. Cake, S. Suede, B. Breeze and V. Vanilla
- Stamps and Ink – Bella Toile Background and S. Suede Ink
- Punches – Eyelet Lace border, Photo Corner, Scallop, Two Step Bird Punches
- Misc. – Seam Binding, Spellbinders, charm and half pearls from my stash
And that’s my story for this Friday. Hope everyone has an AWESOME weekend. Be safe, enjoy yourselves and hopefully you’ll be right back here with me on Monday!! lots of smiles!