April 03, 2011

Strawberry Time

First I want to express my sincere appreciation to Mary Fish for featuring me on her blog today.  I hope you will find something to help inspire your next card!  If you have the time please leave me a comment.  I would love hearing from you and thanks for the visit! 

Where I live one of the first things that come off the vine in the Spring are peas.  It’s a big thing here … Peas and Dumplings soup!  The dumplings are those slippery little suckers, you know the ones that want to slide right down.  *smile*  Along with that is, of course, ‘STRAWBERRIES’…I can hardly wait!  The menu usually goes like this ~
               Fresh Peas and Dumplings
               Hot Biscuits
               Fresh Strawberry Shortcake with whipped cream

With this in mind I knew where my next card was coming from! … LOL

  034

Keeping it clean and simple with a little country flair and the strawberry being the focal point. 

Here are the directions for the strawberry ~

                     027

The strawberry body is made from the Heart of Hearts die with a trimmed 5 petal punch on top of that.  Another trimmed 5 petal punch down to two petals is placed on top of that (or just use the piece you just cut off).  I punched three blossom sets and placed them randomly around the top of the strawberry.  Each blossom was punched from the Boho Blossom punch adding a yellow brad from the Subtle collection.  I used my bone folder to curl up the ends of each blossom.  It doesn’t show up very well, but after cutting out the heart, using white and yellow inks, I lightly inked up the raised dots of the heart to represent the outer seeds of a strawberry.  It does seem to give off a more realistic appearance in real life.  If you look close in the bottom picture on the right, the inked dots are a little more clear.

A look on the inside ~

016            014

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – C. Cake and W. White
  • Punches – Heart to Heart die, 5 Petal, Two Step Bird, Boho Blossom, 1 1/4 circle and Eyelet Border punches
  • Subtle brad, ribbon from my stash and thinking of you stamp from the dollar bin.

Hope you enjoyed your visit, come back, you’re always welcomed here at the “loft”! *smile*  If you have a minute, remember to leave me a comment.  Thanks! 

Photobucket

 Photobucket

22 comments:

Pegcraftalot.blogspot.com said...

Love this card, got to you from Mary Fish, we have just got these dies in our UK Mini so if you don't mind I will case this card?
tfs.

valbic said...

Thanks to Mary for introducing me to your blog..love your 'fresh' ideas, I will now bw one of your regular blog followers! Keep up the inspiration.

Jaelynn said...

I love the strawberry card! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Lisa O. said...

Saw your card on Mary's blog. I thought it was so cute that I needed to check out the rest of your creations! :)

Rebecca Deeprose said...

What a lovely card and such a creative use of supplies! Thanks for sharing.

Kristi said...

So clever! Thanks for the great instructions too!

Queen Mary said...

Linda, I too came over from Mary's blog and I'm so thrilled to have discovered your work! What a creative genius! And we don't live that far apart, I'm just outside DC! As I said on Mary's blog, my mom would love this cute little card! I love to see new ways to use the punches!

Dorene said...

I too found you from Mary Fish, and so glad she featured you. Loved the berry, and will looking around if you don't mind. Your very talented.
Dorene
San Leandro, CA

Edna Miller said...

Thanks for the warm hospitality at the 'loft!' Your featured card is so SWEET, and I love the you would use a heart for a clean and simple strawberry. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to snoop around the loft some more!
Hugs,
Edna

Brenda B said...

We have been enjoying strawberries from our garden and having discovered your strawberry card on Mary Fish's blog is awesome. Thanks for sharing the details and I look forward to following your postings!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your inspiration! What a clever idea with the strawberry card, I hope to try it out soon. I will bookmark your blog, I'm a new fan!

RedGem said...

What a definitely cute card. Amazing how someone can see just a heart and someone else see a strawberry! Great idea and tks for sharing it!

Carla said...

Lady, you are good! I can see alot of things, but I sure didn't see a strawberry anywhere in those punches/dies! You card is absolutely fabulous. I just love it! You'll be seeing that strawberry again!!!! *smile* Love the strawberry blossoms! Hugs,

Unknown said...

love....love....love....can't wait to try

Judy said...

Love it, Love it!! and Love your blog as well! Looking forward to spending a lot more time here!!

cathy said...

This is a wonderful card, Linda. I love the strawberry - so clever! TFS

Pam~ said...

Another creative genius moment ... fabulous strawberry and directions. Simple and beautiful card!

valita said...

beautiful card ! thanks for the instruction too :)

Kim said...

beautiful card! this will be on my inspiration post tomorrow. TFS

Julie B said...

I love this - what a great idea - can't wait to make one! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Came to your blog via Mary Fish. I absolutely adore your strawberry card. I can't wait to make it & send to my BFF whose fave fruit is strawberries! Looking forward to exploring more of your posts!
Thank you so much for sharing.
Roberta

paige said...

Adorable idea - TFS! Love how you prettied up the inside of the card as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...