Those are the requirements for entering the following challenges:
- The Paper Players – Anything Goes
- Just Add Ink – Fussy Cutting
- Whoopsi Daisy Challenge – Lace and Ribbon
Here’s the result …
Looking a little closer …
And inside look …
With the sunflower taking center stage I decided to use my copics for the coloring while crystal effects and a white gel pen was used on the flower centers. I first stamped the image twice, colored one completely and cut it out. Then on the second image I only colored the largest flower, cut it out and mounted it on top of the first image for a 3D effect slightly curling the edges upwards with the bone folder. I had a tiny lady bug stamp that was stamped and cut out twice, once in black for the body, in red for the wings and used a black marker to dot the wings.
I began building with the layering of the card base in Crumb Cake then added -
- Whisper White
- K&Company Designer Paper
- Scallop Edge Border in Daffodil Delight
- attached my ribbon (did you notice how I brought my ribbon through one of those little scallops?)
- Spellbinders provided another layer in Daffodil Delight
- then came a Spellbinders circle that I sponged the inside with Crumb Cake Ink. Notice this layer in the pictures above.
- At this point I tied by bow and attached the sunflowers
- little button brads and ladybug was added last
This was one of those cards where you sort of break out of the norm and use all those non Stampin’ Up items that you really like but ordinarily wouldn’t use. Hope you like it and wish me a little luck while you’re at it! *smile*
Hope your weekend was awesome……come back tomorrow for some Punch Art!!!