I’ve always liked this stamp set, but would refrain from using it for one reason or another. Last week I stepped up to the challenge and decided to use it.
I’m thinking the thing that bother me the most was the fact that the small butterflies were in a straight line and as one stamp….not sure about you, but I have never seen butterflies fly all lined up. I decided to do something I have never done before…..cut and rearrange the stamp.
The three butterflies on the bottom is how they are displayed as a stamp. The acrylic block shows how I wanted them to be after minor surgery. lol I then stamped these butterflies randomly throughout the front of my card. They seem to be more ‘in flight’.
A huge thank you to LeAnne at WEEinklings for giving me the inspiration for running my twine vertically through the Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Punch. The butterfly was made from the Bird Builder and Blossom Petal Builder punches. A heart was punched from the Owl Builder punch and placed at the center of the bow knot. Last but not least, I randomly stamped a dotted background stamp (retired from SU!) to give it a more vintage look.
Thanks so much for stopping in today, I so enjoy the company! I went from a little vintage today to a little modern for tomorrow, here’s a peak.
See you then!