July 09, 2012

Hello Kitty . . . and I’m still around

Yes, alive and still kickin’ *smiles*.  I have no excuses and no idea where time goes.  But I can tell you time sure does fly……especially when you’re having fun!  It’s been one thing after another, yard work, revamping my stamp room, a beach vacation and even working in a little exercise.  I banned the computer altogether and found out just how much time I was spending on it……way too much! lol

Now who would have ever thought that anyone would miss me?  Didn’t take long to find that one out either. *smile*  I apologize for any concern and SO APPRECIATE the same.  I SINCERELY thank all of you for the sweet emails!  Each and everyone was a TON of INSPIRATION!

Todays first card was for Lucea, my neighbors little girl, who recently celebrated her 4th Birthday.  Her party theme was Hello Kitty, I was excited – punch art, here I come.   Some how I managed to bump Hello Kitty’s one whisker though, I hope Lucea never noticed. *smiles*  Hello Kitty was created with all SU! punches, I tried to use colored cardstock that matched her invitation – background stripes included.

        003

I didn’t make a list of the punches and I have given the card away.  If you need them let me know and I’ll try to figure them out.

One email that I received from Patty S. was wanting info on a card that I had made earlier this year for a friend’s mother.  She needed a black and white card for a wedding and wanted to use the same idea and asked for the details.  Guess what Patty?  I needed the same color combo for a wedding card, hope this will help you out with some ideas,  Here’s mine.

              033

At another angle -

       034

The banner was cut from a ‘Be My Valentine’ Ala Carte stamp masking over the words – I wanted a blank banner.  The Mr. & Mrs. from the Tiny Tags stamp set was put into place with my Stamp-a-ma-jig.    OMGosh can I tell you how hard it is to capture white and black in a photo!  It was grueling!

Thanks sooooo much for stopping by today and again for all the kindness shown to me during my absence I am so thankful to have you all as followers and friends!  I’m having company over the next couple of weeks…….I may be MIA again – have NO WORRIES I’ll be back!  *huge smiles*

Photobucket

Photobucket

23 comments:

Mihaela said...

Great work, first card is very cute and the second one is....wow....very beautiful and elegant!!!

Unknown said...

Hey!! It's so good to 'see' you again Linda! You've been sorely missed. LOVE the Hello Kitty card and I'm going to have fun trying to make one. I think I can figure out the punches you used. (You clever girl you)! Adore your b/w wedding card too. SO elegant. Welcome back! xxx

Gerry said...

Welcome back Linda. I have missed you and all your wonderful creations. Your Hello Kitty card is adorable and I love your black & white wedding card. Hugs!!

Paper Potter said...

I promise I will stay calm this time. Your cards today are just gorgeous and your Hello Kitty is on of the most cute versions I've come across. Of course, the black white stunner must have been ooh'd and ahh'd over, too by the lucky recipients. So glad to see you back! I totally understand needing to break from the computer and have done some of that while getting my new website over at Hill Country Stampin' up and running. hugs, Celia

Kathi said...

It's so good to see you posting again Linda! I do understand how time can get away from you and I'm another one who could stand to ban herself from the computer! I definitely spend WAY too much time on it!

Your card is adorable, you really did a great job on Hello Kitty, it is so cute! And that wedding card is so elegant, thanks for sharing it with us!

Linda Callahan said...

Hello Kitty and Hello Linda! That card is too cute for words! Super sweet! I am working very hard to reduce my computer time as well - it adds up to hours a day of just poking around on it! Craziness!

LeAnne said...

Woohoo! I am glad to know that you are okay--wish I had the gumption to turn off my computer! Although the craziness of life right now may be prompting that soon! Your Hello Kitty card is adorable---and your wedding card very chic! Missed you!!!

KardsbyKadie said...

Two fabulously GORGEOUS cards Linda. Can see that the Hello Kitty card would have been a BIG BIG hit with a little 4-year old. And your wedding card is STUNNING.

I for one missed receiving yoru daily posts and SO GLAD your back. Look forward to seeing more post from you. LOVE LOVE LOVE your work!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see you back and posting. Missed you. These cards so great. I wish I had someone little to make a "Hello Kitty" card for. That is adorable. I also love the wedding card, it is so perfect for a wedding.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Hello Kitty is sooooo cute and the wedding card is gorgeous!

Linda I understand completely about spending too much time on the net and not getting other things done. Have a great time with you company!

Linda said...

Welcome back, Linda!! And what a come back :o) Hello Kitty is just adorable and the wedding card is quite elegant. I need a special one for next month in Navy Blue. Your ideas will be a GREAT start to improvising!!!

So happy you are back. Mostly happy to hear that it was enjoyable time!!! Enjoy your visitors and I will look forward to your next post :o)

LorieBetz said...

Love the cards and missed you. On the Hello Kitty, what did you use to make the dress? Thanks again for the great cards.

Sandie Conner said...

So glad that you are ok, and having a great summer! I was just getting ready to email you to check in. You must of felt all of us wondering! Lovely card, thanks so much for sharing again!

Beth said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site today. The cards are beautiful!!!!!!!!

Lil said...

I really love the black and white card. Can you tell me who make the background embossing folder?

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful to see you and the little kitten back here!!! Love the card - your punch art is always fun to see and to try to CASE! I also want to say that I FINALLY, literally today, got the Pine Branch punch...it seemed that I would never be able to own one...and happily it was not as expensive as others I have seen. Thank you for continuing to inspire so many of us with your lovely creations!

Terri Orr said...

SO glad you're back and okay. I hadn't sent an email, but I sure have been wondering about you!
Great cards. Hello Kitty is too cute and the black and white card is breathtaking!

Pam~ said...

Wonderful to see a post from you! I know exactly what you mean about the computer taking so much of your time. I took a much needed break and still have not gotten back to what it was.

Your cards are superb! The wedding card is so elegant and classy!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

hello kitty is adorable!
hugs, m

Carla said...

Oh Hello Kitty is so cute, I love the papers you used and the layout, just gorgeous.

Your black and white is absolutely stunning!!! I love the richness and the gorgeous details. You are good, Lady!!!

Hugs, C

Carole Beath said...

I saw your Feb card and there were so many questions to you on what embossing folder you used. I was thrilled to find a more current card using the same folder, but no mention of what folder you used. Can you please tell everyone who is asking?
Lovely lovely card.
Carole

Angela said...

Can you please tell me the embossing folder you have used for this lovely black/white wedding card? I appreciate I am several years down the line, but it is so gorgeous and I have only just discovered it on Pinterest! Many thanks Angela

waggletails said...

The black and white card,what embossing folder did you use please

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...