June 01, 2011

A Little Lamb For Someone Special

Happy Wednesday to everyone!  The week seems like it just got started and here we are at hump day. Nice having those Mondays off, huh?

Our oldest son and his wife was home over the weekend.  They are expecting their first child, I just had to make a little something for the Mommy To Be.

 

        013

 

I used Baja Breeze only because it went so well with the Barely Banana and Certainly Celery, nothing to do with a BOY color.  *smile*  This lamb was so easy to do.  I used the small scallop punch for the body and a Spellbinder Scallop die for his head.  The small oval supplied his head and the 1/2” circle (cut in half) for the ears.  Boho Blossom Punch topped his head off for a little added wool.  *smile*  His little legs were from the Modern Label Punch cut in half and trimmed on each side.

CB EMBF were used for the two different backgrounds pieces.  Subtle Brads were placed on top of the little white diamond shaped pieces that I was able to match up to the background.  Although you can hardly tell it, I ran the brayer over the dotted piece with Craft Whisper White to add a little color variation.  Teeny Tiny Wishes gave me the sentiment.

Take a peek inside ~

                003

I always forget to mention which components I pop up with the use of dimensionals.  Here you can tell that I popped up the piece between his neck and body.  I found it hard to write this post and not have the card to physically check out as I describe it.  If something is not clear, you know you can just send me a quick email and I’ll be glad to bring you up to speed. 

THANK YOU for visiting me today, I hope you were able to find a little inspiration for your next card creation.  *smile*

 

Photobucket

 Photobucket

16 comments:

Cindy B. said...

How cute! I love the way you use punches.

Judy said...

This is so cute. How wonderful a grandchild on the way...
Have a good day.
Judy

Cynthia said...

This is soooo cute, this could be for your new grandchild to be!!!

LeAnne said...

I have to tell you, I was waiting for what you were going to share with us today! And you didn't disappoint! SO cute!!! TFS!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Absolutely adorable! Very cute!!!

Sandie Conner said...

Just to borrow a word from my daughter.... Really??? This is so stinking cute, don't know how you come up with all of these great cards!! The giraffe, fish and now a lamb. Can't wait to try this one! TFS!

Joanna M said...

Linda, this is just adorable! I just love it! So much detail in your cards! Hugs, J

Pam~ said...

Cute, oh so cute! Love the layers, texture and details on this baby card!

Pauline said...

What a cute card, Linda! Loved the Something A Little Fishy and the sympathy card you posted today also. Great color combos on all, as usual! TFS.

Denise Willerton said...

Absolutely fabulous Linda ~ TFS for sharing this little lamb card! wonderful

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Beautiful card! I love the way you used the different textures in the layout! The lamb is adorable!

Wishing you a great weekend!

Barbara Diane

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

I love the punch lambs, but you really did a great job. This whole card is adorable. Love the diamonds on the side panel. The way you did the sentiment, everything.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Oops, forgot to say Congrats on the grandbaby!!!!

Carla said...

Stunning, gorgeous and so fun!!! How on earth do you do it? Wow the colors are so fabulous and I'll bet Mom and Dad loved it!!!! I am so tickled for you. Hugs,

Unknown said...

I am so impressed with the way you created the lamb by using your punches! At first glance I figured you had cut the peices from a cricut or something. So glad I stopped to read.

A terrific card for either gender. I will keep it in mind. Thanks for the inspiration.

Marlene said...

Locked onto your blog and glad I did. Love the sweet baby cards. Could you please let me know what CB EMBF stand for on the lamb baby card you did 06/2011. I want to make this as the lamb is so cute. Hoping to hear from you. wimpy@eastlink.ca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...