March 01, 2011

A Little Blast From The Past…

For me this card will never die!  You know how some styles just seem to come and go….well as long as my CB EB folder holds up and I don’t run out of people to give it to…I will probably always use this layout.

It has been around at least 2 or 3 years…yeah I know it’s been awhile, but can’t help it…..I like it!  I can’t even give credit to the originator, I have made so many I just do it automatically.  Only problem is the Happy Birthday stamp has retired, not good news for the new stampers but if you have it on hand…get it out, dust it off and lets get busy. *smile* 

Happy Birthday from the past~

         049     

Now see when I took this picture I thought I checked things out pretty good.  Evidently not good enough….I never noticed the left side of the ribbon was in the way of the scallop!  Man how in the world do photographers do it!!!  It ever so slightly gives an off center appearance. Will I ever get it right!

This layout gave me a good chance to incorporate some more of the Ice Cream Parlor DSP.   Matting it in Old Olive and running the Old Olive Ink pad over the raised numbers was a breeze and gave more dimension to the card.  The ribbon that comes with this DSP is clean, crisp and vibrant!

Peeking on the inside~

         050 

A really fast clean and simple card!!

Supplies needed ~ ALL ARE STAMPIN’ UP

  • Card stock – W. White, O. Olive and Ice Cream Parlor DSP
  • Ink – Old Olive
  • Misc. – Extra Large Scallop, Circle and slot  punches, matching DSP ribbon and a CB EB folder.

I have a cool idea for you tomorrow……you know those nice shopping bags that you sometimes get at the small scrapbooking shops when you purchase something????  Don’t throw them away!!!!

Until then ~ keep on stamping, enjoy yourself and have a GREAT day!

 

Photobucket

 Photobucket

3 comments:

Carla said...

Fabulous card!!! I love it. I left an award for you on my blog today!!! Hugs,

Melanie C said...

Very cute - love all of the scallop circles. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Linda Callahan said...

I am so glad someone else has some picture troubles :) I am always amazed at what the camera picks up that I don't! So you are not alone! This is so cute and I love the inside! Some day I will finish my cards off.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...