June 06, 2011

Bloomin’ Beautiful

Hello and a happy Monday to everybody.  I trust your weekend was a good one.  I’m sure the kids are getting excited about now…..not a lot of school left!

Stampin’ Up! retired this set last year and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to purchase it before it was gone.  It’s among one of my favorites and the only way I’ll part with it is to wear it out.

         025

I stamped this image twice but masked the stem the first time.  Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped the image again lining it up just under the first stamped flower.  With Craft Whisper White Ink and a paint brush I lightly inked the paint brush and kept painting the flower until I got just the right amount of white color that I wanted.  Hoping for a little more depth I did not paint to close to the outline of the flower.  The last step was to take a black marker and retrace the flower lines.  I don’t know if you want to call it a vintage look or just a way to make the flower look a little richer/softer, but I sponged Crumb Cake all around the edges and even went in a little deeper than just the edges.  Not sure what to call it really, but I like it! *smile*

Good grief, a picture will certainly tell it like it sees it!  I meant to tidy up that bow just a tad before it went to press.

For a look to the inside ~

                      026

Kept the inside simple by stamping one flower.

Supplies needed ~ All are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – W. White, B. Black and C. Cake
  • Stamps and Ink –Bloomin’ Beautiful and B. Black Ink
  • Misc. – Ribbon and Halfbacks are from my stash

Just a little update – remember the sunflower card that I entered in three different challenges a couple days ago?  I manage to pick up a win from one of them…..I was excited! *smile*

Have a good day/evening which ever it may be for you and if your schedule permits come back tomorrow when I’ll have another card posted - the door is always open!

Thanks for stopping by today, I enjoyed your visit!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

7 comments:

Judy said...

Once again a stunning card. I just love all your cards. Have a great day.
Judy

Denise Willerton said...

this is a fabulously elegant card Linda, TFS and have a wonderful day!

Linda said...

Linda,

This card is beautiful! The colors are perfect ~ just stunning.

Linda

Pam~ said...

Very pretty Linda! Thanks for giving the details on how you painted it ... very informative! I'll be back tomorrow for sure! :)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This is a real beauty! I don't think I've ever used the color combination but it is just lovely!

Carla said...

Stunning!!! I love the sponging and yet its so crisp and clean. Your signature ribbon,bow and halfbacks are just a perfect addition. Love the colors and I'm so gonna miss the stamp too... but I'm keeping mine too. Hugs,

Deb Buckminster said...

After viewing your STRIKING card, I studied and studied it, as I read your creative description. Finally, I could breathe a sigh of relief, as I fully understood the steps you took!

THANK YOU for sharing your creative process along with your beautiful work ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...