A Happy Monday to All!! I trust all is well and that everyone was able to squeeze a little time to stamp into their weekend. I sure did and happened to come across a neat little contest that Gretchen Barron is holding on her blog – found here –The idea is to pick a card/project out of the current IB&C and case it. You can change whatever you like….BUT make sure it still bears SOME resemblance to the original project. It sounds like a lot of fun – won’t you join in and play along with the gang?
I started with a card located in the ‘All Natural’ section on page 120. Here is a picture of what I cased ~
And here is what I came up with ~
The things that I changed are:
- The matting from black to Cameo Coral
- Designed my own flower (made it more 3D) but kept the flow to the right
- Sponged the edges on the DSP
- The center strip between the card base and the matting is Very Vanilla with each side punched with the Eyelet Border Punch
- My sentiment is ‘thinking of you’
- My flatbacks are gold instead of pearl
And a closer look ~
You know I had to do the inside ~
Thank you Gretchen for providing us with a fun challenge and all my best to the lucky winner!
Supplies needed ~ all are SU!
- Card Stock – O. Olive, Cameo Coral(retired), V. Vanilla, Newspaper Print DSP
- Tools – Scallop Circle, Boho Blossom, Two Step Bird, Modern Label and Eyelet Border Punches
- Misc. – Elegant Lines EF, lace, and Cameo Coral and B. Black Inks, For All You Do Stamp set
Be sure to set your clock for coming back tomorrow morning….BRIGHT & EARLY. The Pals have got a hop going on where each participant will feature something from the NEW IB&C. You won’t want to miss it!!