I would like to thank the phenomenal Mary Fish for offering me this opportunity to be a Sunday Guest Stamper on her blog. I sincerely appreciate her kindness and generosity.
For today’s card I wanted to portray clean and simple with a dash of elegance, quick and easy and only one layer…hmmmm, a tall order! But I think I did it……hope you agree.
I began with the Fabulous Florets stamp set. I loved the foundation of the flower (greenery) but the flower with this stamp set was NOT a poinsettia. I went to my Blossoms Petal Builder punch and that didn’t work either, even the smallest petal was too large.
The end resulted in digging through my stash of punches and found a couple McGill punches that filled the order. Here is a picture of how that went ~
- To begin with you need the Star Lily and Crystal punches by McGill.
- After punching the eight petals of the Star Lily, sponge the edges of each petal with Cherry Cobbler Ink.
- With your stylus cup each petal on your pad that comes with your Mat Pack.
- Punch one of the Crystal punch and with your TomBow glue (absolutely amazing stuff) attached one petal to each prong.
- And that’s it! A video by McGill can be found HERE that can help you with all the info needed to make this flower. Just keep in mind you DO NOT need all of those ‘McGill’ accessories. Use your Stampin’ Up ones. Also I DID NOT ‘pinch or bend’ my petals, I only sponged the edges and cupped them. Easy…..trust me!
Here is a closer look at the flower ~
And from another angle – I mounted the flower with glue dots
About that sentiment, I stamped it in VersaMark then heat embossed it with Gold EP. Did you notice something missing? Oh yeah, where’s the ‘into your heart’?
It’s on the inside ~
This just may be my Christmas card this year. *smile*
Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted
- Card Stock – W. White, R. Red and G. Green
- Tools – C. Cobbler and G. Green Inks, VersaMark and Gold EP, and Fabulous Florets stamp set
- Misc. – McGill punches
Hope you enjoyed today’s card as much as I did making it. Thanks for taking the time to stop in for a closer look and hope you’ll come back soon.
Hope your Sunday is an AWESOME one!