February 04, 2011

Gotta Love That Crumb Cake…

 

I think Crumb Cake is one of my favorites for sure.  It is so versatile, goes with everything and can be dressed up or down with very little effort.  Inspiration for this card came from Yvonne's  I just changed things up a little to more suit my style.  I thought it was a great card to round out the work week ~

             004

and the inside ~

                       005

I often struggle with the background in card making.  I can get the focal point, pretty much come to terms with a layout, then get stuck on what to do with the background.  Does that ever happen to you, I drag out so much stuff trying to find that perfect combination. 

On the front of this card I needed something to go under the spellbinder die and behind the flower.  A solid color definitely was not the answer, I did not have a designer paper of any kind that seem to fit my color combinations.  I ended up using the tree in the Pendant Notes stamp  set.  I think it worked out pretty well.  The small oval laying on the side of the card could be used for your sentiment tucked in just behind  the flower.  It’s one of those with or without decisions.  I like it either way.

Supplies needed ~ all are Stampin Up unless otherwise noted

  • Cardstock – C. Cake, W. White, O. Olive and Textured C. Coral
  • Stamps – Pendant Notes
  • Ink – S. Suede
  • Misc – Spellbinders, Doodle Parts and Label 10, little leaves, Blossom Party, half pearls from my stash

Thanks again for stopping by the Loft!  I sincerely appreciate everyone's kind comments this week and hope a great weekend is enjoyed by all.  See you back here on Monday.

Photobucket

 Photobucket

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Linda! The flower is the perfect "pop" of color!

Mary Fish said...

Wow, that flower is fantastic.

Very creative use of the Pendant set, too.

Hugs, M

Pam~ said...

I never thought to use the Spellbinders label as a frame ... it's gorgeous! Beautiful flower!!!

Carla said...

Gorgeous!!! I love it and that flower is awesome! Love that color. Hugs,

Kim said...

Absolutely gorgeous flower ans your color choice is beautiful!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Stunning! A real winner. That flower is just lovely and such a pretty background for it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...