July 19, 2011

One Of My Favorite Flowers

It’s that time of year again for the invasion of sunflowers in this area.  They also are one of my favorites.  Have you ever notice when these flowers are in full bloom, the flower heads all face in the same direction, never one this way and one that way.  Everyone of them….like soldiers in attention ready to march. 

This card represents one of those ready to march ~

        006

I purchased this flower from a fellow stamper Heartwarmers from Vicki she has this amazing little store filled with the best little goodies.  If you have the time, you should stop by to visit her and tell her I sent you. *smile*

The flower was large enough that I felt it did not need a lot of anything else.  I framed it with two things:

  • the Oval Scallop Frame
  • and Gracie's Frame by CB ... I especially liked how this one turned out using only half of it.  Now there’s something different.

The scallop border is by Sizzix and DSP is Bo Bunny.  Button and those gold flatbacks are from my stash.

A closer look ~

     003

I cut a thin strip of Daffodil Delight and ran it through my button holes and curled them with my skewer.  Flower and stem are colored with copics.  The white dots in the center were made with my gel pen.

Looking inside ~

               005

This time the CB folder completed the entire inside with the addition of a K&Company butterfly.

Thanks for visiting me today, as always I enjoyed having you.  Here’s a little peek for what’s in store for tomorrow. *smile*

                          015

Photobucket

 Photobucket

8 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful Linda.
Judy

Ruthie said...

This is gorgeous! Love the sunfowers too!

Ginny said...

Found your blog through Mary Fish's blog and I wanted you to know that I have added you to my favorites. I enjoyed looking around on your blog at your beautiful cards. You are very talented. Thank you for sharing.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

WOW! I absolutely love what you did with your stamp. And how nice of you to mention where you got it. I appreciate it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so beautiful

Pam~ said...

Linda, this card is beautiful and matches your blog perfectly! Hubby and I have talked about trying to grow sunflowers but have never followed through with it. I'm thinking I need that Cuttlebug embossing folder ... so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Linda!! I too think I need to get that embossing folder. Hugs J

Carla said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!! So much stunning details. Love it!! Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...