July 14, 2011

Summertime and the Livin’ is Easy

That’s the PPA 102 - Challenge this week at the Pals Paper Arts.  With that thought in mind I would automatically think of a hammock and a tall glass of lemonade.  BUT, some would automatically think ‘GOLF’.  I have a couple of dear friends who would live on a golf course if they could! *smiling*  They are adamant golfers and from what I hear, their very good.  I made this entry card with them in mind.

     017

I was trying to portray the golf ball making it across the sand trap and straight into the hole.  i.e. the little dots (made with my Mat Pack) coming in from the upper right side of the card.  Sentiment, as always, stamped then heat embossed with clear EP.

Here’s a closer look ~

         024

BTW….See those little foot prints in the sand trap?  That’s me, just a reminder to them where I would be…..toes in the sand!  Edges on the sand trap were sponged with Early Espresso Ink.

The 18th hole flag was made from a stamp in the ‘Pennant Parade” set.  This is such an awesome set – a must have!  Check it out – page 69 of the IB&C.

For the inside ~

                     021

Par and under every time….??? not sure but I think so!  Sounded good to me!  This part is computer generated…except for the golf ball and tee.

Supplies needed ~ All are SU!

  • Card stock – W. White, E. Espresso, R. Red, G. Green, B. Gray and Black, B. Blue, and Naturals Ivory
  • Tools – Circle punch, Mat Pack, and foot print purchased from $1 bin, Polka Dot EF
  • Stamps and Inks – Pennant Parade and Happy Greeting, B. Blue, White EP, E. Espresso Inks.

That’s it for another Thursday….before you know it July will be gone!

 Sunday I will be a Guest Stamper on Mary Fish’s blog – CHECK ME OUT!  I a little Christmas in July *smile*

Thanks for stopping by today or ANY day!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

8 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Really cute card. My son-in-law and grandson are golfers. This would be a nice card for them. Thanks for sharing.

Sandie Conner said...

This is a very cute card! Both DH and DD are golfers, might have to case this for his birthday! Love it.

Linda Fisher said...

Oh my hubby and Dad would love this card too. I know I do and I don't golf anymore!!! Fabulous sand trap and then sentiment is perfect!!

Oh see here I go again, I am signed in as you working on your sidebar. lol

Hugs, Carla (signed into your blogger account as you) lol

Debbie Henderson said...

My son would adore this card. He is a golfer, along with my brother and my dad, as for me, I took lessons and I stink at it! And I'm an athlete! Go figure. Off to check out your guest stamper card......I'm sure it's wonderful as always!

Anonymous said...

Such a great card for a golfer. My hubby would love this card. You are soo talented Linda! Love all your cards! Hugs J

Pam~ said...

Ahhh, made it over the sand trap ... love this Linda! I enjoy golfing and this card is wonderful for any golfer!

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Such an adorable golf card! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts this week.

Linda Callahan said...

You are so creative! This is adorable! And I loved your simple pointsettia on your Christmas in July card - it was elegant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...