July 28, 2011

You Always Do The Nicest Things

In part that’s what today’s card is all about.  The other part is I noticed it would qualify for the CHALLENGE over at The Paper Players

                       

This is their sketch…

...This is my card

        010

I think ‘Thank You’ are one of my most needed cards.  I thought using the Happy Greeting set would say it all.  I began with the beautiful Paisley Petals DSP, snipping out two flowers from two different sheets and mounting one on top of the other.  I omitted the ‘happiness’ from the one stamp, which gave me just the word ‘Always’ for the sentiment on the front.  A few silver flatbacks mixed in with a few rhinestones gave me my bling.

Looking a little closer ~

       003 

From this angle I think you can tell where I added dimensionals for a little extra depth and the placement of the rhinestones around the center of the flower.

Looking inside ~

            007

Another little bit of snipping for the flower inside and another stamp from the same set.  The only thing I could wish for is that the ‘Always’ stamp on the front and the stamp I used inside were in the same font.  Maybe I should not have mentioned that……would you have noticed? *smiles*

Supplies needed ~ All are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – W. White, B. Breeze and A. Artichoke
  • Tools – Happy Greeting stamp set and Beautiful Wings die
  • Misc. – Clear EBP, Heat Tool, dimesionals and Basic Rhinestones, silver flatbacks are from my stash

This wraps up another week for me and you know come Monday it’s a whole new month…….AUGUST!  Can’t believe it!  But I can get excited about beginning to make FALL CARDS!! 

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND HAVE FUN STAMPING!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous way to incorporate the two challenges, Linda! I found that paper intimidating, so I am happy to see another way to use it!

Denise Willerton said...

Beautiful card, and I agree with LeAnne, I stayed away from this paper as well. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Stunning!!!!

Pam~ said...

Great job snipping away! You definitely got good depth with your flowers ... love it! I need to finish my card for this challenge and take a picture before it's too late. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lauri said...

That paper is beautiful and I love how you used it!! The rhinestones definitely add that little something! thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Anonymous said...

Great cutting on this card. WOWZA!

Hugs, M

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card Linda! Love the butterfly details. Hugs, J

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my .... what a lovely card, the cut flowers are just beautiful and create the perfect focal point for a card of thanks ... I also love the addition of the butterflies and bling!!!
Thank your for joining in the fun with us at Paper Players.

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Your card is beautiful, Linda! I love how you used the DSP for the flowers. The touch of bling and the butterflies are perfect. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

I'm here from LeAnne's and I'm not going to lose your site. I'm putting it on my blog so I can't forget.

I recently relocated and was amazed at all the stamping paraphernalia that had to be loaded, then unloaded, and is waiting to be re-established in my spare room. (I should be ashamed) But I also lost all my stamping sites when I lost my old blog to a hacker.

LOVE this card. There's too many people who I need to send this one to. Thank you for the inspiration.

Nance Leedy said...

What a great way to use this paper! I love the layers on the flower and the bling in the center is perfect! Genius use of our sketch this week! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players! :-)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow, Linda! This is absolutely gorgeous in every way! I love how you used the paper and all of the beautiful details you added. I love how you used the sketch, too. Thanks so much for joinng us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Carla said...

Congrats on being a Paper Players Pick!!! I so love your card, the flower is outstanding. The details are my fav! Hugs,

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Your card is Beautiful!!

Hugs
Shirley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...