July 20, 2011

You’re Tea-riffic

How in this world these stampers come up with the niftiest ideas I will never know, I can’t imagine the brain power it must take to come up with this stuff……DO THEY EVER SLEEP?  I was doing a little blog surfing the other day and came across this CUTE little teapot on Ellen Kemper’s blog.  I immediately thought of this stamp set I had that would have the perfect sentiment for a friend.

Have a look ~

014

How sweet is the teapot!  It is made with your Blossom Petals Builder Punch.  Here is Ellen’s quick and easy tutorial.  I brought out one of my small CB EF for the embossed piece on the right.

Here’s a closer look ~

              015

I tried a little ‘rock-n-roll’ on the butterfly and sentiment.  I used Bashful Blue and Daffodil Delight Inks. 

                   007

The inside brought it all together ~

              013

The inside is faint, but it says …. ‘you’re ‘tea-riffic’ with a teabag just under it.

I hope your day is TEA-RIFFIC!!  I’m entering a PPA CHALLENGE tomorrow and here’s a sneak peek of my card ~

                             017

THANK YOU FOR VISITING TODAY – I enjoyed having you!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Linda...I love this card! And I wonder what's your trick for using the small embossing folder without getting any of the folder-edges included in the image?? I can't seem to avoid that, so I don't even use the cute ones I have...do you have a tutorial that might give some tips on a clean embossed image?? Or just some direction?

I also have a Sizzix Christmas tree folder that is just beautiful, but again, I can't seem to get it impressed on the cardstock w/o the edges appearing crimped....HELP!

I truly love the clean, simple designs...that's my style, too, so your cards are an inspiration and a pleasure to study!

Thanks,
Kim in Indiana

Gerry said...

This card is beautiful...I love it.
Like Kim I too would like to know how you get the embossing without the edges of the folder showing. My small EF's sit unused. I hope you're willing to share your secret.

Pam~ said...

Lovely card, Linda! That teapot is tea-rific! I'm with the rest of gals on wondering how you emboss without the folder lines showing on the card?

Sandie Conner said...

Very cute! I love how it turned out.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The yellow and white are such fresh colors to use for a summer card. The gingham ribbon is perfect!!!

Carla said...

Wow!!! One of my al time fav's!!! Tony says hi!!! Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...