July 08, 2011

PPA101 Challenge

The good folks at the Pals Paper Arts are calling for a Color Challenge this week. 

                      Ppa colors

Yesterday’s post was the first in three weeks and I am still feeling a little like a fish out of water…so to speak.  But this is the card that I will be entering today.

010

I really like the small angel in the center of the floral frame – simple and sweet.  The frame stamp and angle were first stamped with Not Quite Navy Ink, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The flowers were then colored in with a blender pen using Bashful Blue and Old Olive Inks.

013

The thing is with this card I did NOT use a lot of layers.  I made a picture frame out of Not Quite Navy and added it on top of the Whisper White layer.  There is only two layers, but has the appearance of four.  A tutorial on how it’s done can be found HERE at Carla’s Scraps. Thank you Carla!

A simple inside

            015 

 

Supplies needed (ALL are SU!) ~

  • Card Stock – W. White, Marina Mist (textured), Not Quite Navy and Bashful Blue
  • Tools – Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Boho Blossom, Decorative Label, Two Step Bird, Little Leaves Die and Beautiful Wings
  • Stamps – Clearly For You and Four Frames
  • Misc. – Bashful Blue Ribbon and Basic Pearls

I’ll be back on Monday with another card BUT on Tuesday I’ll be joining in on the fun with the Pals July Hop…..I’m thinking about making my own birthday card *smile*…maybe, we’ll see.

Have a great weekend everybody and as Ellen Degeneress says…..”be kind to one and another”.  See you on Monday!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

8 comments:

Gerry said...

Very, very pretty. Love how you used the wing & branch from the bird punch.

Denise Willerton said...

this is ABSOLUTELY stunning Linda ~ wow wow wow ~ so much gardening and so little creating time for me, but I'm tucking this away for further reference ~ have a wonderful day!

Judy said...

Linda, this is so pretty, the cuts are perfect... I love it.
Have a great weekend.
Judy

Carla said...

Lady, this is beautiful!!! I absolutely love your frame!!! Gorgeous flowers too! I've missed you. Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

I have yet to use that little angel face - love how you used it in the frame! This card is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Linda. I love the faux frame with the NQN - will definitely be trying this.

Pam~ said...

You took the colors and ran with them in the right direction, Linda! I adore your card and it is always fun to come to your blog and see your great cards! Have a great weekend!

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Very pretty - love the die cuts. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...