July 25, 2011

You Asked…..I listened

Last week I posted a card that I had used a small 2x2 CB EF on and it brought about several emails asking how I got that crisp clean look.  Here is a reminder of that card ~

                   014

I guess next I’ll be looking into video tutorials *smile*  I think it would have been easier.  I can’t say this tutorial is the BEST but I did my best!

Using the Cuttlebug this is what I did:

             001

On the left is the embossing folder ~ the flower design in the middle measures 1 1/2” x 1 1/2”

I cut a piece of scrap card stock in the same measurements of the flower design, then placed it directly on top of the flower design of the embossing folder and ran it thru the Cuttlebug.  Its important that your scrap piece is no more in size than the design that you want embossed.  Below is what it looks like when you place your scrap piece of card stock on top of the design and this is how you would run it through your Cuttlebug.

             006

Here is one that I ran thru the Cuttlebug without any card stock on top of the design that I wanted to emboss ~

            002

Without ~ See the difference

It is also important to note that every machine is calibrated ever so slightly different.  I used a piece of card stock, I have heard some stampers have to use a piece of cardboard or corkboard.  You have to play around with it and find which works best with your machine.

With the Big Shot ~

             004

Not too bad without the scrap piece, but it really is perfect with it, BUT…

             005

with the Big Shot my scrap piece of paper is only a piece of regular xerox paper….unbelievable, but it does make a difference.

The best I can tell you is trial and error.  You really have to get to know your machine.  With my machine I find MANY times nothing more that a piece of card stock or a plain sheet of copying paper  is plenty for me, anything more and I have a mess.

I hope this helps, I can only share what works for me.  Get out those little embossing folders and give it another try, you might get surprised.  If any of this is clear as mud……you know I am only a click away! *smiles*

I’ll leave you today with a picture of a little feller that was hanging around our front yard for a while it’s checking out my tree and did not mind me taking all the pictures I wanted ~

       deer 016 

Have a great day and as always thank you for visiting!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

6 comments:

Gerry said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Can't wait to give it a try.

Denise Willerton said...

thank you SO much for this Linda ~ I'll be giving this a try and I own SO many of those little EF and don't ever use them...you have inspired me once again ~ thanks and have a blessed day!

Pam~ said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Linda! I will definitely be pulling out my little embossing folders again! OMGosh, what a cute little fawn!

LeAnne said...

Thanks so much for this hint....I just got a new smaller SU embossing folder and was already frustrated because I was getting lines from the edge of the folder. I will DEFINITELY be trying this, thanks again!

Carla said...

I needed this tutorial too!!! I only use the cuddlebug for embossing... its sooooooo much easier than that tabbed spacer. Your card is so beautiful. I love those yellows and the crisp clean white too! Hugs,

Janie Printz said...

This is wonderful & I will certainly give this a try. I own a lot of the small embossing folders & never use than because of the lines around them. Thanks so much for this info. You make crafting more enjoyable with your little tricks of the trade.
Janie xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...