August 23, 2011

Looking Forward To Fall

Today has to be one of the prettiest days we have had in a long time, so nice that you can keep your doors and windows open and just let the breeze blow.  *smiles*  I get to thinking fall might be around the corner after all.  And here’s a card looking towards the future…

       014

I had some Autumn flower soft that I had been wanting to use and decided one way it might look it’s best was with the Lovely As A Tree stamp set.  Again I used the same color hemp as on yesterday’s card except I used one of Stampin’ Ups buttons with a leaf brad that I had gotten off the clearance rack.  I must have taken a zillion pictures of this card and every way I had it ….. it always seem to turn out about the same…. not the best.  It really got frustrating and then I just quit.

Here’s a closer view ~

006

I thought it turned out pretty well.  I stamped the tree in Early Espresso, colored the trunk with my Stampin’ Up marker and then dabbed glue here and there wherever I wanted the flower soft to stick.  After the glue dried I shook the excess off and called it a day.

Here’s a closer look at the flower soft~

                  007

The inside ~

                  005

Clean and simple, punched three different sized circles and stamped the tiny pine cone stamp from the same set in the middle and added a brad.

Another fall card coming your way tomorrow *smile* I just did not have good luck at picture taking today, otherwise I would be showing you a peek.

Until tomorrow, have a great day/evening and I’ll be looking forward to your visit then.  HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Linda! I love your embellishment and the little image on the inside, too!

Denise Willerton said...

Beautiful card Linda! Love what you did with the hemp, button, brad and the flower soft is wonderful. So clean and absolutely elegant ~ TFS and have a wonderful day!

Gerry said...

Beautiful card. The flower soft really makes the tree pop. I love how you always add something to the inside of your cards.

SueBee said...

Just STUNNING !! I could look at this card for hours! Fall is my favorite time of the year!!
Susan

Mikki said...

Linda, this is beautiful!! Love how it looks, clean and elegant!! The tree looks so realistic.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just love how you transformed the tree! It is just amazing how the tree just pops! Gorgeous!!!

Carla said...

Oh wow, awesome!!! I love your card, so clean and yet gorgeous. Love the white and that tree... stunning colors. Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...