May 23, 2011

A Different Birthday Card

How was everyone’s weekend?  Waaay too short I’m sure, can you believe that we only have one week left of May! 

I have a friend of a friend who is turning the ‘BIG 40’ in a couple of days…lordy, lordy.  She asked me to make a Sympathy Card suitable for a Birthday Card for her friend.  Okay…that’s different!

With Deepest Sympathy ~

         034

Once again the picture does not reflect the background of this card hardly at all.  On the Whisper White piece I made score lines every 1/4” all the way across the card.  Here is another picture taken at a different window and more on an angle.

                    035

Okay this is a little more like it.  I took the picture in front of my computer, turned the screen off and results aren’t too bad…..hummmm.

I choose Soft Suede and Whisper White for the card base, adding a paper daisy attached with an Antique Brad and a little Garden Green for the Little Leaves Die.  All Whisper White edges were sponged with Soft Suede Ink.

Having a look inside ~

                   021

For the inside sentiment, I think the card will go something like:      with deepest SYMPATHY…….on turning the BIG ‘40’ … etc.

I listed previously all Stampin’ Up materials needed for the card, if you do think of something that was clear as mud *smile* shoot me an email and I’ll get you straight!

I recently received a couple of cards from a friend that I  recently met and wanted to share them with you.  Please check back to see what Jacqueline created tomorrow *smile*

Photobucket

 Photobucket

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

HAH! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card and it would still be a nice sympathy card. I hope her friend likes it.
Ter ;)

Carla said...

This is so fun and yet beautiful. My grandpa once sent a sympathy card to the groom!!! Thanks for the memory! I had forgotten all about that. Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...