May 19, 2011

More Pretty In Pink and Always Artichoke

I happened to come across this die recently by Tim Holtz, it wasn’t even on sale and I bought it!  Yikes……usually the only thing I don’t buy on sale, in the stamping world, is Stampin’ UP!  What can I say….I liked it!

Here’s the result of that purchase ~

          025

First of all I have to tell you that the wing on the little birdie was NOT part of the die set.  I kept thinking the bird looked a little scrawny – then the light bulb went off in the brain and said ‘a wing’. *smile*  I got out the trusty ole Two Step Bird Punch and it fit the bill perfectly.  I then distressed the edges of the cage with Crumb Cake Ink and sponged the edges of the small white flower with Pretty in Pink Ink.  I mounted both bird and cage with dimensionals.  If you look closely you will see that I added a second tail to the bow, there are four tails and one bow, it seemed to add a little more flair.  The flowers are the Boho Blossom punch.

Spellbinders provided the scalloped circles, two in Always Artichoke and one in the Pattern DSP Stack.  To square off the card I placed Basic Pearls at two corners, upper left and lower right.  More pearls were added to the flowers and bird.  All was mounted on Crumb Cake card stock.

I kept the inside low keyed ~

                      026 

Have you ever noticed how the Scalloped Edge Border punch compliments the Spellbinder Nesties – Lacey Circles die?  Not bad, huh?

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – C. Cake, W. White, Pretty In Pink, A. Artichoke and Pattern DSP Stack
  • Punches & Dies – Two Step Bird, Scallop Edge Border, TH die and MS punch
  • Misc. – Basic Pearls, Ribbon and Doily from my stash.  C. Cake and Pretty in Pink Inks.

I hope you liked today’s card.  If you should have any questions, because I forget to get it ALL written down just right, as you have done in the past….email me!  I’m always glad to help.

Have an AWESOME day/evening everybody!

and

HAVE FUN STAMPING

Photobucket

 Photobucket

3 comments:

Carla said...

I love that birdcage!!! Such a beautiful card. Love the layers and colors. Gorgeous!!! Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

You made a good purchase. :)

Really cute card.

Hugs, M

Joanna M said...

I just love that birdcage too! So glad to see another SU! gal using Nesties too. Love them! Beautiful card! Hugs, J

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...