2011 PALS BLOG HOP
Welcome to the May PALS HOP! This month, we are featuring Father’s Day and Graduation projects for your inspiration! You've likely hopped over from the fun and creative Carmen Sublasky at http://www.creativestamptuary.com. As you ‘hopped along’ from blog to blog I’m sure you were able to find great ideas for paper crafted creations from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you have hopped off course, simply click on any of the links in the PALS HOP LINE-UP, listed below, to get yourself back on track!
For your inspiration today I made a Graduation Gift Card Holder that I was inspired by Frenchie at Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie.
I felt like I had no choice on the colors for this card. In this area, the school colors are green with yellow trim.
The changes I made were to give this little bird wings and I needed a gift card holder not a money holder. I wanted to give this card a little ‘star’ power. I punched out a couple little stars and ran twine through them forming a banner. I, also, added a couple stars to the inside with star brads on top of the punched stars for a little added bling. I searched and searched for a graduation designer paper of some sort and came up with nothing. Decided to make my own with the Happy Graduation stamp from Teeny Tiny Wishes randomly stamping in various colors.
It really is not difficult to come up with a gift card holder. I just put the card on a scrap piece of paper and got my measurements and went from there. Here is the pattern ~
I think its pretty self-explanatory. You need to place your double sided tape as close to the outside edge as possible. I have marked the placement with the heavier black line. Easy peasy!
Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted
- Card stock and Inks – G. Green, R. Red, Not Quite Navy (was a tiny piece of scrap) D. Delight, B. Black and W. White
- Punches – Owl, 3/4” square, rounded corner, Word Window and Modern Label punches
- Misc. – Brads were from my stash and a Marvy star punch
If you started at the very beginning, this is your last stop (#11) on the Pals Hop. However, you can start anywhere on the hop or you may want to start back at the beginning with the delightful Joanna Munster. Thanks for "hopping" by!
1. Joanna Munster, www.inspiredbystampin.com
2. Joan Norris, http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/clearlycreative/blog,
3. Mary Fish, http://www.stampinpretty.com/
4. Sandie Conner, http://prettyprovisions.blogspot.com/
5. Nina Dee, www.deesignsbyninadee.blogspot.com
6. Rae Harper, www.wildweststampin.com
7. Mike Funke, www.stampin-style.com
8. Barbara Chatzkel, www.takeoutpaperarts.com
9. Barbara Furlong, http://www.theloveofstamping.com
10. Carmen Sublasky, http://www.creativestamptuary.com
11. Linda Fisher, http://lindas-stampinloft.blogspot.com/
Have an awesome day everybody and thank you for joining us in this month’s PALS HOP! See you tomorrow!!!