May 18, 2011

The Retired Garden Whimsy

OMGosh……this one got by me!  Stampin’ Up retired this set and I never got to use it until now.  Has that happened to you?  I was going thru my stamp sets the other day and happened to come across this one and noticed I had not even taken it out of the box and have not done one thing with it.  So I had to knock the dust off and put it to use at least one time. *smile*

        018

I did put it all together with this year’s colors, Pear Pizzazz and Pacific Point.  The flower is a mounted Boho Blossom punch.  The center is made from Daffodil Delight card stock.  Remember in an earlier post about flower soft?  I only needed just a small amount, so I got that paring knife out and scraped on some Daffodil Delight card stock until I was able to get all that I needed.  A little added texture to the butterfly came from using my 1/8 and 1/4 inch circle punches.  Textured card stock was used in P. Pizzazz and P. Point while Whisper White smooth card stock provided the background for the stamped areas.

You know I was thinking as I was using the swirl stamp “the time to be happy is now…the place to be happy is here”  could actually be used on a party invitation.  I decided to hang on to this set for a while longer. *smile*

The inside ~

                       023

I saved the larger butterfly for the inside.  I stamped it twice, cutting out only the two larger wings and mounting them with dimensionals on the first stamped butterfly.  Following suit with the butterfly on the front, I used the 1/8 and 1/4 inch circle punches for the wings and antennas.

                       022

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – P. Pizzazz, D. Delight, P. Point and W. White
  • Stamps and Ink – Garden Whimsy and P. Point
  • Punches – Boho Blossom, 1/8 and 1/4 inch circle
  • Misc. – P. Pizzazz ribbon and silver halfbacks from my stash

 

Here’s a quick peek at tomorrow’s card.

                             024

See You Then!

As always…..A HUGE thank you for stopping by!!!

Photobucket 

 Photobucket

3 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

This happens to me all the time. Especially with the mini's. By the time the catalog expires, I don't get the chance to show everything I purchased! What a cute card!

Connie B. said...

YOur cards are so cheery... Love the color combo and the stamp set. Why did they retire such a great stamp set? Great blog, too.

Carla said...

I love it... so clean and crisp. Beautiful layering... wow!!! Love the details. Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...