May 09, 2011

Flying By Time

This card will serve two fold.

First ~ for my Son-in-law’s birthday at the end of this month.  His passion is flying, although his plane is a little more updated than this one, I think he will still appreciate my intentions. *smile*

Second ~ The Paper Players have got a Challenge this week that I will be entering using this card.  I had run out of the exact color paper that they were requiring, but I hope the card will be considered anyway.

        009

I used a couple different techniques on this card.  I think the best way to begin is from the bottom……..up!

  • All components in this card had the edges sponged with Soft Suede Ink
  • Although the picture doesn’t show it real well, there is a blue piece of card stock in between the layers
  • I was thinking ahead about different textures and embellishments.  This had to be a masculine card, no ribbons, bling or dazzling diamonds. *smile*  Before running this layer of the card thru the Big Shot, with an embossing folder, I stamped the pilot goggles with VersaMark and heat embossed them.

                       015

  • I then ran this layer of card stock (C. Cake) thru the Big Shot using a wood grain EBF that I had inked the inside with Soft Suede Ink using a brayer.  For me, that makes the whole wood grain theme just pop.  Notice the depth that it seems to portray. 
  • Remember all edges are sponged and notice the goggles, heat embossing them gives them the appearance of a shade darker and another type of texture.
  • I then stamped and cut the clock out (from the Sense of Time stamp set), sponging the face of the clock for an antique look, and added two antique brass brads.  I used dimensionals to pop it up.

                         014

  • The plane was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with Soft Suede Ink, cut out and sponged here and there.  I, also, popped this up with dimensionals.
  • With the Plane and Simple stamp set, there is this long straight piece that I stamped, cut and heat embossed.  This replaced my girly ribbon *smile* It’s that blue piece on the right side of the card.  I liked it so well I stamped the same thing on the front of the card’s envelope!

                        016

  • Final touch was stamping, cutting, embossing the compass.  I mounted it on a piece punched with my Designer Label punch.

 

Flying to the inside ~

 

                        011

 

                        013

The inside greeting was computer generated. 

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – V. Vanilla, B. Blue and C. Cake
  • Stamps – Sense of Time and Plane and Simple
  • Misc. – Clear EMP, S. Suede Ink, T. Holtz EMF, Designer Label punch and brads from my stash

I wish my picture taking abilities were better, this card is really pretty in real life.

Okay my stamping friends, you need to come back for a visit tomorrow!!!!  I have committed to the Pals May Blog Hop!  I am really nervous about it.  It will be the first one I have ever done.  It’s the linking that worries me *smile*.  So plan to take the time, come back and prop those feet up for a spell and enjoy all the labors of love.

There is a lot here today, if I didn’t get something just right and you have a question…….I’m just a click away! *smile*  Don’t hesitate.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you tomorrow for the hop!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

9 comments:

Pam~ said...

I think this is a great stamp set, Plane and Simple, and love what you did with it on this fabulous card! You nailed masculine and classy!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Linda, I really like how you used these two stamp sets together! The woodgrain background add so much to the card, too. Such an awesome masculine card! :)

Ann Schach said...

Linda, I love the message implied by the combining of the two stamp sets! I know your son will love it! An A+ masculine card! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

What a great masculine card....I think I have that EF and haven't even used it yet! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Fantastic job combining these two stamp sets and I love your computer generated sentiment inside--it's perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Heidi said...

Wow! Look at all the love and detail you put into this card. Your son-in-law will definitely appreciate your intentions (and your hard work)...it's a beautiful card!

Rita W said...

Wow, wow, WOW! I love all the texture and details of your card. It is amazing and I know your son-in-law will LOVE it! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players.

None None said...

What a beautiful card, your son will love it! I love how you used a variety of techniques to create the detail and texture in your card.

Carla said...

Oh this is fabulous!!! So many details and I love each one. Love that manly man ribbon! *smile* Your son will love this. Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...