May 26, 2011

Something A Little Fishy – PPA95

At the Pals Paper Arts this week they challenge you to make your card with the use of brads…I got a little bubbly.

I know this fish was popular last summer but for me it’s one of those things that will never die.  I will probably use it every summer for one reason or another and just update it with new SU! products.  For instance:

        008

Using the Glimmer Brads which had that beautiful ocean blue color that reminded me of the Caribbean ocean and the use of Smooch Spritz on the fish.  I found that these brads were just a little too bulky, attaching them the usual way, so I snipped off the arms evenly with the top portion of the brad, added a glue dot. This gave a much smoother and cleaner look when I placed them back on the card.

                 006

I used the Vanilla Shimmer only spraying lightly, just enough to give it a hint of sparkle.  And of course Baja Breeze had to be the color choice.  I gave this fish a little lazy look as it swims by, by adding an eye lid and Inspired by Nature provided the sea grass.

An inside look ~

                     003

You can see, here, that smooth look of the brads and that I popped everything up with dimensionals.

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – W. White (textured and smooth) and B. Breeze
  • Punches – Ornament, Five Petal, Circles and MS Seahorse and Star Fish
  • Misc. – B. Breeze Ink, Glimmer Brads, Smooch Spritz, White Gel Pen and dimensionals
  • Stamps – Inspired by Nature, Delightful Decorations and bubble stamp is unknown

I hope you enjoyed today’s card and that you all have a GREAT MEMORIAL WEEKEND.  Be SAFE in all that you do and I’ll see you right back here on Monday

Photobucket

 Photobucket

20 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Adorable... love the use of Baja Breeze and those glimmer brads for the bubbles.

Hugs, M

Anne said...

this card is adorable.. and nicely done up.. love the glittery blue brads .. simple and elegant.. good luck on your challenges.
-anne-

Pat said...

what a cute idea for that punch.

Ann Schach said...

Linda, this is just too cute! You are so clever! I love the Baja Breeze color! This is a card that will surely bring a smile to the face of the recipient!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable - love that lazy-eyed fish and his underwater pals!

Joanna M said...

Wow!!! You are a clever girl! This is just amazing! Great job! Hugs, J

Denise Willerton said...

Linda ~ what a fabulous card ~ cute cute cute! I'll be CASing this for sure ~ ADORABLE ~ TFS and have a wonderful day :-)

Denise Willerton said...

Linda ~ what a fabulous card ~ cute cute cute! I'll be CASing this for sure ~ ADORABLE ~ TFS and have a wonderful day :-)

Carla said...

Now this is fantastic! I love baja breeze and your card is just amazing. I love it and your talent my dear!!! Miss you. Hugs,

~Chris~ said...

This is such a adorable Card. What a great Idea for that punch!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Ter ;)

Debbie Henderson said...

Awwww....he's so cute! Love the look in his eye as if to say "I'm coming, just taking me time!"

Pam~ said...

I have not seen the punch used this way ... OMGosh, it is darling! Fabulous card Linda! Hope to get back into some kind of stamping schedule next week.

Melanie said...

Simply adorable! I love how the brads are like bubbles! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love your card! Hot air balloons always look so relaxing. Even had a ride on our anniversary three years ago.

Sarn said...

Adorable and a great use for the vase! x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Found this cute card on Pintrest, and am going to CASE it close as I can for my Friday blog post....for a child for Make a Wish- Thanks for your inspiration!!!

Carole said...

Aqua marine adorable. So creative.http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Linda Callahan said...

This has to be one of the cutest cards I have ever seen! Who knew a fish could be so adorable!

Unknown said...

Oh my, Linda. This is such an adorable card! I'll have to make it also! Just love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...