May 11, 2011

A feminine Card For Any Occasion

Hi stampers!  Hope you enjoyed the Pals Hop yesterday, there was some pretty cool cards on parade!

For some reason I got into navy, yellow and green.  My card tomorrow is the same color scheme.  Both cards reflect either a stamp or die that I have never used before and they aren’t new pieces.  Does that tell me I have too much???

        004

Remember the Vintage Vogue Stamp set, which happens to be one of my favorites, the largest flower that has the script writing on it?  That’s where the idea, for the largest flower on this card, originated.  Do you see the similarities in the Navy piece with the script writing?  I had a scrap piece that I had stamped with the En Francais in W. White Craft Ink for a project some time ago and never used it.  If you look closely you can see that I did the same thing with the center piece in the White and Navy flower, the layer just underneath the yellow brad.

TIP:  Don’t throw those scraps away, you NEVER KNOW when they come in handy – no matter how big or how small!

The other two flowers are also from the Blossom Party Die.  I just broke them up and did not try to put all the die cuts into one flower.  I popped up the largest flower with dimensionals, using my bone folder, I  pulled the largest flower petals downwards the other two flowers were pulled upwards. You can see that a little better in the picture below.

The piece behind the ribbon is Spellbinders - Labels Eight die, cut in half.  Added a Navy piece punched with the scalloped edge border topped with a piece of checkered yellow ribbon. A double punched MS butterfly brought it all together. 

For the inside ~

                  006

Stamped with the En Francais stamp in W. White Craft Ink but only on Pear Pizzazz card stock.  I decided to cut a portion of the flower off, as if to be peeping around the corner.

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – W. White, Night of Navy, D. Delight and Pear Pazzazz
  • Punches – Blossom Party, Spellbinders, Scallop Edge Border, MS butterfly and tag.
  • Misc. – W. White Craft Ink, Brads from my stash, Dimensionals
  • Stamps – En FRancais and All Holidays

And that’s it.  I value each and every comment, so drop me a line and let me know what you think.  Good or Bad *big smile*

Take Care ~ I’ll See You Tomorrow…until then happy stamping!!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

The fun colors, the brads, the delightful ribbon...What a great card!

Mary Fish said...

Great tip on saving your scraps!

Love the card.

Hugs, M

Carla said...

I completely agree with Ann! I love those flowers and the colors are fabulous!!! Miss you! Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...