May 02, 2011

Some Good News and a Matching Card

Happy Monday to all!!  I can finally announce that I am expecting my THIRD Grandchild….ETA~December 22nd!!  Jeff (our eldest son) and Mary are the PROUD expecting parents!  This will be their FIRST!  I was sworn to secrecy until they could tell Allyson…..in person, couldn’t tell her on the phone.  This process took a little longer with Allyson in North Carolina and Jeff in Virginia.  But, we all manage to get together this weekend and Allyson was told.  I’m not sure who was the most excited, Allyson or Mary. *smile*

The Mother’s Day card that was in my last post, I took for Allyson and this is the card I took for Mary ~

019

Isn’t this just the cutest!!!  I did forget to write on the back “Made Just For You by your Grandmother”!  I found this tutorial awhile back, made a couple alterations that better suited my needs and I was good to go.  The changes:

  • distressed the edges with More Mustard for a little more depth.
  • made the tail with a circle punch and distressed the edges as well.
  • made the legs from card stock instead of drawing them.
  • created a different layout
  • popped it all up with the use of dimensionals.
  • had him inside with neck and head looking in.

The letters for BABY were stamped with versaMark ink then embossed with gold embossing powder punch with a 1/2” circle punch.  Not knowing if we’re having a boy or girl, I kept the colors neutral.  Next card comes when I know that piece of information…Allyson predicts a boy, now how would she even begin to know!!! *smile*

The inside is really cute too……

                    022

The congratulations is also stamped with versaMark and embossed with gold embossing powder.

Another little peek ~

                     023

I like using this card style (opening from the bottom) I’m going to try to use it more often.  You still get two cards from one sheet of card stock just cut them on the long side instead of the short side.

Supplies needed ~  all are Stampin Up!!

  • Card stock – Textured W. White, B. Banana, R. Rust, C. Chip and DSP Subtle Collection
  • Punches – Circles, Oval, 5 Petal, Slot and Word Window
  • Misc. – VersaMark, gold emp, M. Mustard ink, Well Scripted Stamp

I have enjoyed sharing my exciting news and card with all of you today, hope you enjoyed them as much as I did sharing! 

I Kicked Up My Heels with tomorrow’s card………see you then!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

15 comments:

Deb said...

What an awesome card! Love the giraffe peeking out inside. Such a creative touch!

Pauline said...

Linda, this is about the cutest baby card I've seen in quite a while! Stinkin' cute! Congrats on #3! Hugs, Pauline

Carla said...

OMG, this is darling!!! Inside and out your card ROCKS!!! This one needs a frame! Congratulations!!! I am so tickled for you! Miss You. Hugs,

Linda said...

This card is absolutely adorable. Congrats on your new upcoming grandbaby. Congrats to the parents, too.

Carol said...

Congratulations on pending arrival of the new grandbaby! LOVE this card...it is absolutely fabulous, even if you know the sex of the baby...so sweet and adorable!!!

Pam~ said...

Congratulations Linda ... wonderful news! Your card, OMGosh, it's adorable inside and out! You sure can work those punches ... love it!

LeAnne said...

Congrats, first! And second, this is ADORABLE! I love punch art and this is one of the cutest I've ever seen!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Congrats, Linda! I love your cute card. That is one mom will want to keep forever for her little one.

Mary Fish said...

What fantastic punch art!!

Hugs, M

Debbie Henderson said...

Wow Linda, this is absolutely darling! My niece is having a baby boy in August, guess who is going to CASE this card!

Pam Speidel said...

How CREATIVE! I'm so happy to have found your blog via LeAnne's Wee Inklings. LOVE this card and will have to try making one for my first grandchild due in July! Congratulations to you and your family! I know how exciting this is!! ♥

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I just discovered this card and it is just TOO CUTE! There is so much you can do with the combination of various punches.

STAMPING SAM said...

Just saw this on Pinterest and had to jump over to your blog to get 'the rest of the story"! How so cute! I made a punch art lion yesterday for an upcoming baby shower. Used the new blossom punch.

http://stampingbysam.blogspot.com/2012/01/welcome-baby.html

obee said...

Just found your card on pinterest and love it! My granddaughter has a "Sophie" giraffe and this will be perfect for her one-year-old birthday! Thanks for sharing!

loretta said...

Love this! Want to try it to go with a gift for my step daughter and soon to arrive a little princess in Jan. just a fantastic project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...