September 12, 2011

A Bowl Of Cherries

Happy Monday Everybody!  How was your weekend?  After having another 5 inches of rain on Thursday and a very dreary Friday our Saturday and Sunday was very pretty!  We went June, July and August with a very LITTLE amount of rain and now I guess it’s trying to make up for all the lost we had during our drought.

Today’s card reflects on a bowl of cherries from the Cherish Friendship stamp set. Enjoy!

        031

I used SU! watercolor pencils and a blender pen for the coloring.  The Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack provided my backgrounds. 

Here’s a closer look ~

       029

Here’s a look at the inside and the fold for the front of the card.

      030

I simply cut strips, made a ‘V’ shape cut on one end of each strip with my photo corner punch and added a brad.  I mounted the top banner ‘Cherish yesterday’ on the top part of the card so that when closed it lays on top of the inside banner ‘dream tomorrow, live today’ (a stamp that I had purchased in the $ bin at a local craft store).

The good thing about this card is that I was able to use all scraps, except for the Crumb Cake base….now that’s a good thing! *smile*

Hoped you liked todays card, maybe you picked up an idea somewhere along the way, if so you have made my day!!!!  *Big smiles*  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think, I enjoy hearing from all of you!

A REMINDER about tomorrow!!!  It’s the Pals September Hop!  There’s a a large list of participants – 22 in all!  Don’t miss it – I’ll be looking forward to seeing you ~ have a great day and as always, thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

6 comments:

Linda said...

Great job, Linda! Fresh & clean, I just love it!! I'm looking forward to seeing what you did for your Pal's Hop! Have a great day and thanks for sharing your talents.

Gerry said...

Great card Linda with really great ideas. TFS

Kristine Chubb said...

I love this card. Different and fun! The possibilities are endless with just a changeup in the DSP! Thanks for the inspiration.

LeAnne said...

Well, the image alone would have gotten my attention, but the fold & the inside make it even BETTER!

Anonymous said...

Wow! great job with your card! I just love those cherries and the gorgeous sentiment.

Carla said...

I love this card! The details and the white accents are gorgeous! My fav is those bright red cherries! Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...