September 01, 2011

A Halloween Card

I thought I would start September off with a little Halloween card.  The way time is flying by it’ll be here before you know it.  I was thinking I would give this card to my Grandson, Jarrett, he’ll be turning 9 soon.  *smile*  I hope he will find some humor in this card.

        001

The ‘RIP’ is a CB embossing folder I have had for quite a while.  I sponged the inside of the folder with Basic Black Ink and ran it through the Big Shot using Basic Gray Card Stock.  Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig I was able to get ‘happy halloween’ stamped on the head stone.  It’s from the set – Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I would loved to have had 2011 for the date, but everything I tried wasn’t an asset to the card and decided to leave it alone.

Looking a little closer ~

002

His bowtie is two hearts punched out using the Heart to Heart Extra large punch. 

I even made a card using red instead of orange ~ making his bowtie from 1/4” ribbon.

                 003

 

Okay, so  what do skeletons eat for lunch anyway????

           005

Have a great day everybody and I hope you found a little humor in Jarrett’s card as well!! *smile*

Thanks for visiting. . . it’s always good to see friends!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

8 comments:

Pam~ said...

Love it! I'm so glad you told me the answer too cause I was wondering ... lol. This is too cool and I know your grandson will get a good chuckle from it. I sure did! I really like your heart bow tie ... very creative!

Stampin' Pretty said...

Super cute!

Hugs, M

Sandie Conner said...

Love it! I am glad you showed the answer as well! It is very cute.

Carla Bazhenow said...

Linda I love it... how fun. I would of never guessed spare ribs. ol Jarrett will love it. Love the bow tie and the scallops too. The red on is cool, too! *smile* Hugs,

Gerry said...

Linda this is sooooo cute. Jarrett will love it. I'd like case it for my 11 year old grandson. I really like the heart punch bow tie. So glad you gave the answer.

Ann Schach said...

Oh how cute! I'm sure Jarrett will love it!

Joannna Munster said...

Super Duper Adorable! I just the skeleton peaking out! You are so talented Linda. Hugs, J

LeAnne said...

LOL! These are such CUTE cards---those images are a hoot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...