September 01, 2011

A Halloween Card

I thought I would start September off with a little Halloween card.  The way time is flying by it’ll be here before you know it.  I was thinking I would give this card to my Grandson, Jarrett, he’ll be turning 9 soon.  *smile*  I hope he will find some humor in this card.

        001

The ‘RIP’ is a CB embossing folder I have had for quite a while.  I sponged the inside of the folder with Basic Black Ink and ran it through the Big Shot using Basic Gray Card Stock.  Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig I was able to get ‘happy halloween’ stamped on the head stone.  It’s from the set – Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I would loved to have had 2011 for the date, but everything I tried wasn’t an asset to the card and decided to leave it alone.

Looking a little closer ~

002

His bowtie is two hearts punched out using the Heart to Heart Extra large punch. 

I even made a card using red instead of orange ~ making his bowtie from 1/4” ribbon.

                 003

 

Okay, so  what do skeletons eat for lunch anyway????

           005

Have a great day everybody and I hope you found a little humor in Jarrett’s card as well!! *smile*

Thanks for visiting. . . it’s always good to see friends!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

8 comments:

Pam~ said...

Love it! I'm so glad you told me the answer too cause I was wondering ... lol. This is too cool and I know your grandson will get a good chuckle from it. I sure did! I really like your heart bow tie ... very creative!

Anonymous said...

Super cute!

Hugs, M

Sandie Conner said...

Love it! I am glad you showed the answer as well! It is very cute.

Carla said...

Linda I love it... how fun. I would of never guessed spare ribs. ol Jarrett will love it. Love the bow tie and the scallops too. The red on is cool, too! *smile* Hugs,

Gerry said...

Linda this is sooooo cute. Jarrett will love it. I'd like case it for my 11 year old grandson. I really like the heart punch bow tie. So glad you gave the answer.

Ann Schach said...

Oh how cute! I'm sure Jarrett will love it!

Anonymous said...

Super Duper Adorable! I just the skeleton peaking out! You are so talented Linda. Hugs, J

LeAnne said...

LOL! These are such CUTE cards---those images are a hoot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...