September 20, 2011

A Fall C&S Birthday Card

I have got to begin this post with a HUGE thank you to all those who took the time to visit and leave the kindest comments and emails to my blog for the Mantle card posted on Sunday.  Each and every one was greatly appreciated!  THANK YOU!

This will be my last card with a pumpkin….I promise!  I can get carried away with them, it’s just that I love this time of the year and Pumpkins are the THING in this area.  When I made this card I had LESS IS MORE  Challenge Blog in mind.  This week’s theme is - Anything C&S Goes.

Here is my entry ~

      008

This time the pumpkin is made from a circle punch.  Any size can be used – it’s your discretion as to how large or how small that you want your pumpkin to be.  Three stamp sets were use:

  • Gently Falling – the large leaf
  • Autumn Days – the long branch and wheat
  • Happy Moments- the sentiment

A closer look ~

      006 

The sentiment was heat embossed with clear EP.  The long branch was stamped with Early Espresso Ink and the Wheat was stamped with More Mustard Ink.  The large leaf was colored with Stampin’ Ups water color pencils and blender pen then snipped out and mounted with dimesionals.
The pumpkin was punched with Pumpkin Pie Cardstock and sponged with the same ink.

The inside kept C&S as well ~

                     003

You know I just thought of something……I lied.  Tomorrow’s card – yet another pumpkin!    Here’s a sneak peek ~

                       007

At least they are all different……right?? *smiles*

Have a great day everybody – hope to see you tomorrow!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

19 comments:

Carol Parcell said...

Wow! This is stunning in its simplicity! I LOVE it!

LeAnne said...

I LOVE pumpkins....keep 'em comin'!!! This is so sweet...I just used that wheaty stamp yesterday!! Perfect for your little vignette!

Paper Potter said...

I'm lovin' the pumpkins, so no apologies necessary. I'm ready for fall and it won't come to Kerrville until, well, maybe never. We're too far south to enjoy any color or anything, so I'm sitting on the edge of my seat studying your pumpkin cards and dreaming of wet fallen leaves!

Viv said...

Such a pretty card, well done :O) Viv xx

Pam~ said...

Keep those pumpkins coming ... lovin' 'em, Linda! This one is no exception ... gorgeous card! I haven't even started on my pumpkins and you're talking about not using them anymore ... think I'm a little late?

Sandie Conner said...

Ahh, I love the pumpkins, keep them coming. Both cards are beautiful! Love them.

Chrissie said...

This is beautiful Linda and what a cleverly made pumpkin!
Thanks so much for your help in our attempt at reaching 1000 CAS submissions in our challenge this week and we hope to see you again next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Linda said...

Your pumpkins are just beautiful . . . keep them coming! Gives me hope that Fall will soon follow!! I hope to have time to 'play with paper' this weekend and then I will be making a few of my own :o)

Mandi said...

Fabulous card Linda
Thanks for helping us towards our 1000 target!
Mandi
LIM

Louise Brown said...

Gorgeous card...gotta love that Gently Falling stamp set. My fav.
TFS
~Louise

Carol Carriveau said...

From my perspective, you can keep going with the pumpkins...I also love Fall - just wish the weather would cooperate!!! Fabulous card...and love how your gently framed the inside. I love C&S cards.

Beth Miller said...

Just love all your 3 d cards! Inspiring!

Carla said...

This is so beautiful. I love the sprigs behind the pumpkin. So clean and classy, my fav. The inside is beautiful too. Oh don't stop with the pumpkins, I haven't even started any yet. lol Hugs,

Unknown said...

So simple, so effective, so beautiful.

Queen Mary said...

Why can't I think of stuff like this? Simplicity is the highest sophistication -- it's also beautiful!

Jean said...

I love this, it so nice and autumnal. Jean x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous fall card! I love pumpkins too! :)

Linda Callahan said...

You are a true artist........in every way....

Sarn said...

SOOOO pretty! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...