September 07, 2011

River Rock, Well Worn & Fifth Ave. Floral

Hi everyone and a very happy Wednesday to all! 

Well it finally happened – always wondered what I would do – and I did… go absolutely crazy without the internet for the last 4 days! And on a Holiday weekend at that!  As a result I am behind in emails, postings and paying my BILLS!! LOL  The thing is….I’m an early riser and without the internet, I was definitely a lost ball in tall grass. Hopefully all is fixed and I can get back to normal.

I was just introduced to brand new challenge blog called “Freshly Made Sketches”  they can be found by looking HERE.  I hope you can find the time to make a card and join in on the fun!  Here is the sketch they are providing us with this week ~

                

This is my entry, a card reflecting a stamp from the Fifth Avenue Floral set paired with River Rock and Well Worn DSP.  I hope you like it ~

      003  

The flower was colored with my blender pen and ink pads.  Besides the coloring, I wanted this flower to be slightly different than the other two, so  I decided  to stamp it with an additional stamp, from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set – that gave me the tiny little circles.  All three flowers were stamped on Beau Chateau DSP.

          005 

The leaves were from a MS punch sponged with Old Olive and Chocolate Chip inks.  With the touch of ribbon, lace and a button from my button collection, I think all turned out well.

Here’s a look inside ~

               004

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – R. Rock, Well Worn and Beau Chateau DSP, Not Quite Navy and V. Vanilla
  • Tools – Eyelet border punch and MS leaf punch
  • Misc. – Summer Sun, More Mustard and Early Espresso Inks, Victoria lace, Night of Navy Ribbon and flatbacks from my stash
  • Stamps – Fifth Avenue Floral and Sincere Salutations

I hope you enjoyed the card as much as I did making it!  Did you notice – not one piece of Whisper White?  *smile* 

Remember to join in on the fun at “Freshly Made Sketches”!

Okay, so tomorrow I hear they’re having a Halloween challenge on the PPA, I’m going to enter…..here’s a sneak peek!

       008

Thank you for stopping by ~ hope to see you tomorrow!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Linda.

Jean McKenzie said...

Linda, your card is really beautiful! Love how you have added the dots on the flower and also the little "thread" in the button!!

LeAnne said...

GORGEOUS! It reminds me of the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!! Here it is:http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/
I love how you stamped the little circles on the flowers--just such a small touch and it added so much!

Linda said...

I LOVE this card!! The colors are just perfect together and, as usual, you have thought of every last detail. Great job!

Gerry said...

Very pretty Linda.

Pam~ said...

A very "upscale" card to debut on Fifth Avenue! Gorgeous, Linda! You did a fine job coloring your flower!

Louise Brown said...

Love it!!! ...the Well Worn DSP is my new fav.
TFS

Anonymous said...

Very Beautiful! I love that flower and your colors are so gorgeous together! Hugs, J

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous card Linda...love what you have done with the centre flower, what an ingenious idea - it is beautifully featured! I also love the curled strip through the button and the gorgeous ribbons - very beautiful!!!
Thank you for joining us in our debut challenge this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

And you are our first official player :) And what a beautiful card you did for the sketch! Love the flowers inside and out - and the score lines are a great detail!

Rita W said...

Linda, thanks so much for joining us as Freshly Made Sketches. I love your card! The flowers are gorgeous and the score lines are perfect. I love making a card every now and then without any Whisper White. :o)

Jen Mitchell said...

I love how you've colored the flower and added the little dots. That's a great touch. The embossed background adds some nice detail. I'm so glad you showed us a peek at the inside of the card, that's a step I sometimes forget and it makes the card extra special! Thanks so much for joining Freshly Made Sketches for our debut. You're our first ever entry!

Zoey and the furballs said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the info about Freshly Made Sketches. I'm really going to love that site.

Anonymous said...

Linda, I am lost without internet, too.... whatever did we do before it:-)
I LOVE this card. Your use of the well worn DSP works so well with the flower images. It reminds me of a lattice fence. Beautifully colored flower, too! All round - gorgeous card.
So glad you found us and played along with Freshly Made this week.
Jaydee

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Linda! I love how just one flower is colored. :)

Carla said...

Oh, your card is just gorgeous! I love those layered flowers. Of course your details and coloring make it complete. Stunning!!! Hugs,

Lesley said...

Gorgeous creation Linda! I love River Rock paper and the embossed lines. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Hugs,
Lesley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...